Google Assistant Randomly Popping Up

lickskillet

Dec 3, 2019
Visit site
To the best of my knowledge I have disabled the Google Asst yet it still continues to randomly pop up asking if I would like it to help. The answer is no,,, please go away forever. Can someone tell me what I may be missing? Thank You

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. What phone do you have? Usually you can disable Google Assistant in Settings - Apps & Notifications - Default apps - Assist & Voice input - Assist app - select 'None'.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
To the best of my knowledge I have disabled the Google Asst yet it still continues to randomly pop up asking if I would like it to help. The answer is no,,, please go away forever. Can someone tell me what I may be missing? Thank You

Im sorry. How does it pop up? When you hold the Home Button?

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Are you using gestures instead of having menu showing at the bottom?
I sometimes accidentally activate GA that way

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok probably because I'm on beta 10 but last picture before default app selection change Google to none there

lickskillet

Dec 3, 2019
Visit site
Ok,,, I found that screen and set it to none. Hope this does it. It is random and may take a week to crop up if its going to. Thank You and I will reply back either way in a few days or sooner if it still pops up... Again, thank you for your time with this... Pretty cool for you to do

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok,,, I found that screen and set it to none. Hope this does it. It is random and may take a week to crop up if its going to. Thank You and I will reply back either way in a few days or sooner if it still pops up... Again, thank you for your time with this... Pretty cool for you to do
Your welcome , let us know!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87