Outlook outbound email no longer working

stevenfstein1

Aug 15, 2019
Visit site
Happened a few days ago. Have Optimum account for years and never had problems. Few days ago my outbound mail would not be sent and was put into draft folder. I set up another account in Gmail and that works fine. Can't find a way to get into my existing Outlook app and modify inbound and outbound settings for IMAP and SMTP. Suggestions appreciated. Aside from Outlook and Gmail, other favorite mail apps to consider?

Best.... Steve

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You'd have to contact Microsoft about that, but unfortunately the email they show for Outlook is noreply@microsoft.com. outlook@microsoft.com might work.

Also Optimum tech support might know something about it - I worked with them for years (as a customer - joined as soon as they came to my area) and found them to be pretty much up on everything that was happening.

isired

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I had issues with Outlook when I started a business with a new domain a few years ago, went to BlueMail and it's been great - one app for my domain email and 2 different gmail accounts, handles them all seamlessly.

stevenfstein1

Aug 15, 2019
Visit site
Would up deleting account and reinstalling - mail now works fine. BUT - apparently when I installed in Gmail it messed up my calendar so all entries in Google calendar were gone. Google home still had them when asked but not sure how to get back. Rather have the calendar entries on my phone than google home.
Steve