Will the potential lack of a jack be a deal breaker?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Sure, buy a $1000 phone and still have to pay for a Dongle due to the lack of the *!.@* headphone jack!

I actually have "two" dongles, so to speak - one came in the box and instead of using cheap headphones to match with it, I bought a Pixel Earbud set that works really well with the phone - meaning that my dongle is extra.

The lack of headphone jack was really the only thing missing from the Pixel 2 when I got it; and now I definitely don't consider it a minus when it comes to a smartphone purchase. Everyone has different needs and preferences. :)

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Personally never cared about lack of headphone jack but don't mind being it there

Definitely not going to affect my decision in buying the phone or not. That 6.3 inch version of the note10 looking like perfect size for me.

Last edited:

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I'd get it, as long as it'll work with a USB-C to 3.5 mm dongle. Ironically I still use wired audio with my AKG noise cancelling headphones from the S9+.

Thanks to T-Mobile Jump on Demand, the bar to me upgrading is pretty low. :)

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I think the removal of the headphone jack came a tad too soon as I would have liked to see Bluetooth progress a little more. That being said I got my first pair of Bluetooth headphones(Bose qc35ii) close to two years ago and never looking back 😎

Brian Card

Jun 4, 2019
Visit site
This is a pointless 'upgrade' that would only appeal to the white knights here. This will result in returns, lower take up and the possible move to other manufacturers by otherwise loyal customers previously satisfied with the mini computer that is the Note line, not a device obsessed with thinness over versatility.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
This is a pointless 'upgrade' that would only appeal to the white knights here. This will result in returns, lower take up and the possible move to other manufacturers by otherwise loyal customers previously satisfied with the mini computer that is the Note line, not a device obsessed with thinness over versatility.
Depends what phone that person is coming from and might be a upgrade to some .

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I would be too inconvenienced daily to go with out the jack. I use wired headphones almost daily, the constant need to recharge bluetooth headphones is annoying. I'm also driving an older car without bluetooth and use the aux cord almost everytime I drive.

I could adapt, but I could also use my current phone longer and save money instead.

Scutley

May 17, 2013
Visit site

Again you're falling for it. Just like how people fell for the fake rumors on the S10.

There WILL be a headphone jack. From Max Weinbach (he is probably a member on this forum as well reading this) on Twitter.

My source got to play with a Note 10 and Note 10 Pro. Here is what they said about it.
1. Both of the models he used had headphone jacks.
2. Renders are almost perfect.
3. SPen is almost the same as the Note9
4. Non-Pro has no micro sd card slot.

Also:
https://www.techradar.com/news/samsung-galaxy-note-10-retains-the-headphone-jack-you-may-be-in-luck

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Again you're falling for it. Just like how people fell for the fake rumors on the S10.

There WILL be a headphone jack. From Max Weinbach (he is probably a member on this forum as well reading this) on Twitter.

My source got to play with a Note 10 and Note 10 Pro. Here is what they said about it.
1. Both of the models he used had headphone jacks.
2. Renders are almost perfect.
3. SPen is almost the same as the Note9
4. Non-Pro has no micro sd card slot.

Also:
https://www.techradar.com/news/samsung-galaxy-note-10-retains-the-headphone-jack-you-may-be-in-luck
I'm not falling for anything...I posted a link and asked a speculative question when I started the thread. Feel free to post your opinion without making assumptions about me.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
If the rumours are true it may not even have dual speakers either which would be a bigger loss to me than the headphone jack. Samsung are said to be going for Sound In Display earpiece like the Huawei P30 Pro instead which uses bone conduction technology instead of a speaker. If so there will likely only be bottom firing speaker like days of old

ROE_HUNTER

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
If the rumours are true it may not even have dual speakers either which would be a bigger loss to me than the headphone jack. Samsung are said to be going for Sound In Display earpiece like the Huawei P30 Pro instead which uses bone conduction technology instead of a speaker. If so there will likely only be bottom firing speaker like days of old

Same here, I love the speakers on my Note9, big upgrade from the Note8. If the Note10 Pro or + does not have duals, I may pass.

catspyjamas

Sep 5, 2018
Visit site
I plan on holding on to my Note 9 for a few more years yet. I LOVE new gadgets and having the latest bells and whistles but cannot financially justify replacing a phone less than three yearly (and even then that's bc Samsung generally stop providing security updates). As for the question of the headphone jack, that probably would make me think twice, as in spite of trying multiple different blue tooth ear phones I have never found ones that fit my ears right, feel comfortable when wearing for a reasonable period of time, and actually stay in my ears when exercising & stuff. Is there some kind of adapter you can get that would allow the 3.5mm wired ones to still be used? If so, do they work well, or lower the sound quality any?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty