Note 2 i317 At&t stuck in boot loop

destefmx6

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I used root toolbox to change the boot screen and when it rebooted, it stuck. It's just rebooting the screen I chose.

pulling the battery didn't work.
holding all three buttons asked if I wanted to install a new OS. or reboot.

help....please

Update: Fixed with CleanRom AT&T 1.5 SE and CWM....Thanks to both!

Last edited:

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I assume you have an alterbate recovery installed correct? If thats true then pull and reinsert battery. Hold volume up + home button and then press and hold power to boot into recovery. Mayneed to flash your rom again.

I find its easies to just flash roms and mods this way. I dont bother with any of the extra tools. I also flashed a new boot screen as well using the ones created by scott for his cleanrom 1.5. I had zero problems. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

destefmx6

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Only thing that worked was flashing to CleanRom 1.5.......And I tried 3 before I got to it......What a pain, it reads (6) custom binaries now......

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Only thing that worked was flashing to CleanRom 1.5.......And I tried 3 before I got to it......What a pain, it reads (6) custom binaries now......

When you installed the rom did you enable the option to flash a new boot screen?

destefmx6

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I enabled/checked the box for custom animations.

I tried so many varied resets.....factory, 1.2 SE, Noteorious, ParaNoid, Jedi,CleanRom ACE 3.5 &4.5 Once with TWRP then CWM.....wiped all the caches, system, data, radio........I thought I screwed the pooch....Just to change the boot animations......

In the end, CWM with CleanRom 1.5 ATT SE worked. Luckily, I had backups of contacts, apps, etc on ExtSD card.

I'm afraid to try the Triangle app for getting rid of the binaries. Just in case I ever had to take it back to ATT. After this past "learning" experience, I am going to hold off on any Mods for a while...LOL :)

Thank you Scott, Chainfire, and the creators of ClockworkMod!

Last edited:

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Yea I use goomanager to install recoveries and twrp. Works well for me. Glad you got it working though. I did the boot animations with 1.2 it was cool initially but when I flashed 1.5 I didnt bother. There is only one mod that I redo each time I flash a new rom and that is to change the sound of removal and insert the spen. When I take it out sounds just like a light saber. Pretty sweet. I made a post on the process a while back look into if you are interested.

rhaneyjr

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Don't use rom tool box for this. This has happened many times. Just saying

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

destefmx6

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Rom or root toolbox? Root toolbox helped me get stuck in a bootloop..... I dont use it anymore, but still have rom toolbox. Is there a post I can look at, or site I can check-?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Miguel Zarco Coria

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I have the note 2 and my phone keeps rebooting over and over...
I have tried going into odin mode and using the oem rom to set everything back but it would say invalid file for the oem and i tried custom roms that were jail broken but those also would say fail, can you email me how you went about getting your phone to work again? I am so lost.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I have the note 2 and my phone keeps rebooting over and over...
I have tried going into odin mode and using the oem rom to set everything back but it would say invalid file for the oem and i tried custom roms that were jail broken but those also would say fail, can you email me how you went about getting your phone to work again? I am so lost.

What caused the phone to go into a boot loop? Can you get into a Custom Recovery like TWRP or CWM? Are the custom ROMs you're trying to flash made specifically for your phone's model?

Asking the above questions to get a better understanding of how your phone got into the current state, and a few more details on what you've tried thus far.

Miguel Gil

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
ok so i have an at&t note 2 . i rooted it and it was working fine, i installed the jedix custom rom and it worked perfect except for some wifi issues. in order to to fix the the problem with the wifi i thought it would be a good idea to re install jedix again so i ran it a second time. the phone booted up fine but with lag a few minutes later i turn it off due to lag and try to reboot, this time it simply got stuck on the the boot logo. i have tried factory reset,recovery, unrooting, re rooting and reinstalling jedix.. noting works. when i was unrooted it did the something except it got stuck on the samsung logo vz the jedix logo. :':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)'(

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
helppp
i have tried evrithing to get my at&t note out of boot loop

Try a battery pull. If not then boot to recovery. If you dont have a recovery then boot to download mode and use odin to flash the official 4.1.2 rom from att.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ijulnesia