Note 2 and rooting

mathkid76

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
So I want to get wifi tethering for my note 2 but I do not want to pay for the wifi tether as you only get 2gb for so much money.

If my understanding is correct, I can root my Note 2 (sprint) and get a app for my device to give off my wifi with out paying the monthly cost.

I need help finding the correct way to root my device so i can get this so if anyone could help me with links below, comments, or anything advice PLEASE help.

thank you.

~mathkid76:)

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
You can get tether without rooting if you use foxfi. Foxfi has heen removed from the play store but if you download the .apk from the foxfi website that should get it working. I believe it is only a 7 day free trial. After that you cab purchase the license from the app store.

If you absolutely have to root then yes you can enable the official tether app that is built into the phone. However, here is the catch for either option. You will still be limited by your data plan. If you only have 2gb then that is all you have for use between both the phone and your tether. If you get caught tethering by your carrier they may automatically adjust your plan for the tether cost.

There is a difference between how a pc processes online data and how a mobile device does it. Remember that all data is on your carriers network so they can see exactly what you are doing. Having said that, you shoukd be fine if you use it sparingly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

mathkid76

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Foxfi is on the playstore on my device but when i go to use it says that my carrier has blocked the use of the app.

I have unlimited data (my note 2 is on sprint) so I would be fine with using root tether. I thought you had to get an app once you rooted to use tether app?
You have any suggestions on how I should go about finding a root that offers free wifi tether for root?

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Foxfi can be downloaded from the foxfi website. It bypasses the play store and any warning about your carrier.

You are on sprint and I am on att. I do not know if they are the same thing for root.

Go look on xda forums. That is the main hub for all things android root. Its very easy to navigate. Just choose the forum labeled sprint galaxy note 2.

Rooting does nothing but give you admin rights to your phones operating system. Simply rooting will not enable tethering. You will either have to find a mod that enables tethering or you can get a new rom (OS) that has tethering enabled as well as a number of other things. Be sure to read instructions on rooting. You can brick your device.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38