Anyone planning to buy the Note II for full price?

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I've had my EVO LTE for a little over 3 months now. If Sprint picks up the Note II, I'll definitely be getting it at launch day, which means I'll be paying full price for it.

Anyone else planning to buy Note II at full price if it comes to your carrier?

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I've had my EVO LTE for a little over 3 months now. If Sprint picks up the Note II, I'll definitely be getting it at launch day, which means I'll be paying full price for it.

Anyone else planning to buy Note II at full price if it comes to your carrier?

I'm waiting to see what exactly the U.S edition will be. If it the same 1.4 quad exynos 3100mah battery and 2gb of ram I will get one. If it stays dual core I will probably just keep my original note

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
If it comes to VZW, I will pay full price - in order to keep my unlimited plan.

I have been saving up for a new smartphone for a while. Burned an upgrade and got the SGSIII at the deadline for the subsidized price, never opened the box and sold it.

The Note 2 looks fantastic. While it pains me to pay full price, it is a small price to pay for unlimited data, and that is one less thing I have to keep track of during my busy days.

Trandz#CB

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Probably will get the international one. Since I know the carriers will butcher the phone somehow. Come on Apple, surprise me on the 12th. Its between this and the iphone5 for me right now.

anon(41073)

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
No phone is worth full retail, but that is my 2 centabos. I would get it by full upgrade, or in my local cl.

I think getting an unlocked GSM phone and using it on Simple Mobile or Straight talk is worth paying full retail. Paying full retail and using it on Verizon would not be such a wise choice. Straight talk has unlimited plans for $45 and Simple Mobile has unlimited w/4G for $50.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Probably will get the international one. Since I know the carriers will butcher the phone somehow. Come on Apple, surprise me on the 12th. Its between this and the iphone5 for me right now.

I was thinking the same way - if the leaks are true, no thanks on that little 4 incher - Note 2 here I come (Verizon hopefully).

And in reply to the above, I agree smartphones are priced a little high, but in the end it's cheaper for me to pay full price ( for two smartphones) and stay unlimited than it is to go Shareplan.

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Well if it comes to Sprint I will definitely get this, I already have the Samsung galaxy S3 and the Samsung galaxy note 10.1 and the Google nexus 7 tablet, so this will hopefully be my next gadget or toy.:)

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

mellojoe

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I just can't justify the price, as hard as I might. $700 is the price of a laptop or a Transformer Prime. I know that it is way more than "just a phone" but still is hard to drop that kind of coin on just a phone.

We'll see what the subsidized price comes out to be. I'm on ATT with 5phones in our family plan, so we'll be there for quite a while. Subsidising doesn't bother me, it just puts the price down where it should be.

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I just can't justify the price, as hard as I might. $700 is the price of a laptop or a Transformer Prime. I know that it is way more than "just a phone" but still is hard to drop that kind of coin on just a phone.

We'll see what the subsidized price comes out to be. I'm on ATT with 5phones in our family plan, so we'll be there for quite a while. Subsidising doesn't bother me, it just puts the price down where it should be.

Well just imagine it being cheaper than a $800 64GB iPhone 4S. Now the Note 2 seems like a bargain!!!

dukeblue91

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Yeah no I don't see value in buying any phone at retail.
But I will upgrade one of my lines as soon as it comes out on At&t.
I have been so tempted to pull the trigger on the refurb Note 1 at $49.95
It's a steel at that price and it makes no difference on the plan cost weather you re up for another 2 years or not.
It's not like you get a discount on your plan if you pay full price on a phone.

asabino

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
If it comes to VZW, I will pay full price - in order to keep my unlimited plan.

I have been saving up for a new smartphone for a while. Burned an upgrade and got the SGSIII at the deadline for the subsidized price, never opened the box and sold it.

The Note 2 looks fantastic. While it pains me to pay full price, it is a small price to pay for unlimited data, and that is one less thing I have to keep track of during my busy days.

Definitely picking it up full retail! ...cmon Verizon!

nachoooooooo..!

mcs

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I think getting an unlocked GSM phone and using it on Simple Mobile or Straight talk is worth paying full retail. Paying full retail and using it on Verizon would not be such a wise choice. Straight talk has unlimited plans for $45 and Simple Mobile has unlimited w/4G for $50.

Do you mean the unlocked international version would work with these carriers? Does either of them have LTE, or is that a pipe dream?

Reactions: EleventhHour2139

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I get a discount for my plan anyways so I'll just get it subsidized. I like many others have expressed am not keep on dropping 700+ on a phone when I can buy a tablet for that price.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

For some ppl that use there phone as there computer/mp3/phone all in one its worth it. I don't have a computer or ipod/mp3. It would be just as expensive or more for me to buy a laptop an mp3 and a smartphone at subsidized price than to buy just a phone at retail. Also ppl on prepaid like I'm on straight talk. I'll save that extra $400 I spent on the phone in about 7 months on the bill. $45 vs $100 for att/verizon

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
For some ppl that use there phone as there computer/mp3/phone all in one its worth it. I don't have a computer or ipod/mp3. It would be just as expensive or more for me to buy a laptop an mp3 and a smartphone at subsidized price than to buy just a phone at retail. Also ppl on prepaid like I'm on straight talk. I'll save that extra $400 I spent on the phone in about 7 months on the bill. $45 vs $100 for att/verizon

But like u said if u are already on verizon/att/sprint then I would not buy it at retail. Look on Craigslist or ebay maybe

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer