Trouble Seeing Sent Video

LenaWood

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I have had my Note 2 for a few days now and have had a couple of issues....some of them are just a learning curve thing, but there is one that I can't figure out.

A friend sent me a video though MMS. He has sent me videos before (when I used my Galaxy S 2) and they worked fine. The one he sent since I got my note isn't working. I use Go SMS Pro and when the message arrived with the video, I had the "download" button. I downloaded the video and seen the words he put in the message but there was no video...you can't even tell there is a video there. I opened his message using the stock messaging program and I can click on the small arrow and it plays a "video" but it is 9 seconds of blackness. I tried saving the attachment (video) and am told there isn't an attachment. I tired forwarding the message to my email (Yahoo and Gmail) and it shows there is an attachment on the email until you open the email and there is nothing. My friend sent the same video to me through email and I opened and played the video using my phone, so I know the phone can play the video.

What am I missing?

Thanks!
Lena

adwij

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I think you will need to install a video application from google play which application corresponds to the file being sent.
I did experienced the same thing when i received dvr video file, and i had to install a dvr player application first to detect and be able to play the video.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

LenaWood

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
OK...thanks for the info. Not sure what program it would take. He recorded the video from his phone. I will see what I can figure out.

Thanks again.

Centro85#AC

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I've never seen this with a video, but if I get a "slideshow" of pictures or a slideshow with pics and some words, I usually long tap the message (not the play button), hit save attachments, and look at the picture from the gallery. Downloads folder I believe. As I said, never seen it happen with a video, but might be worth a try.

pkskier1

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
My guess is the video is flash, which the GN2 does not support. Youll have to down load flash player. Just do a search in forums for gn2 flash player, someone about a week ago had a link whichis how i found it. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

joemd60

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
On a similar but separate note. How come you need a 3rd party app to send a simple 1 minute video?
I have the N2 and no matter the size of the video.
I get an excessive size error, if I try copy.com or dropbox.
I can upload the video to there, and send as an attachment.
It also defeats the purpose of saving videos in Google Drive or Google+, if you cannot attach the videos to emails. Thanks in advance.