How do you draw on a picture?

rexxcastle

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
You don't have the above Orion like in my screen capture?

Sent from Note 2 via Tapatalk

No I do not, this is what I see when I do a screen capture

u4ave5yr.jpg

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II on Straight Talk

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Ah, got you. I only take screens with the pen because I usually am either going to at least crop it, or write something.

But it does make sense now that I think about it, with Samsung thinking they would like users to use the pen, as it is more accurate than a finger. I just assumed with my first one, that anything that I was going to do, I was going to do with the pen. I got used to that process, so now that it does a ton more with the pen, it's just an added plus.

But cool that you got it to work for you! :thumbup:

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I posted the link that everyone here is using. It DOES work fine on ATT. Follow the instructions for installing it and using it. The only portion thst does not work is stamping. The app has not been updated to be fully compatible with our note 2's as of yet. That is why it was not included with the phone. Most likely it is not fully suporrted by android jellybean. Much like ios users some times have to wait for apps to update after a major os upgrade.

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
This may be due to my rom, but you don't get this in your notification area when you take the screen capture? On mine, it says at the top "saving to clipboard" and when I pull my notification down, this is what I get.

** And yes, ignore the rest of the stuff on top. That's not stock afaik****

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357747267849.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357747267849.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 36

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I just checked and for whatever reason it is not working with android 4.1.2. Though it did work just fine for android 4.1.1

I also am running a rom as well. Cleanrom se 1.0

I can infact draw on photo in photo editor and it functions just like I said it would earlier but I cant access it from the gallery menu system.

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I just checked and for whatever reason it is not working with android 4.1.2. Though it did work just fine for android 4.1.1

I also am running a rom as well. Cleanrom se 1.0

I can infact draw on photo in photo editor and it functions just like I said it would earlier but I cant access it from the gallery menu system.

Upgrade dude to Cleanrom ACE 4.0.5. Much, much better than SE! He did quite a job with this one! It doesn't have the non stock kernel and a few other things, but it is like silk smooth, extremely responsive and the battery life is like no other I have used this far. I don't know how he's going to top this! That is, until he builds one with 4.2 features.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I am unwilling to flash the perseus kernel. I know nothing of these types of things. Cleanrom works just fine for my needs. Battery life is a non issue annd I typically csn get 1.5 days use. I charge everyday not because I have but because I want a full charge for the day to come.

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Ok... But this version "does not" have the other kernel. It is the stock kernel, so it is just like yours now, but of course, just a suggestion.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes and it can be downloaded directly from the samsung app store. Delete the one you have on your phone first and then download the one from samsung. Everything works in the new version.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

dodong27

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have the option of drawing on the front or back of the Picture. Even has Paper Artist option too.
Stock Note2 on Att.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362095627807.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362095627807.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 130

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes and it can be downloaded directly from the samsung app store. Delete the one you have on your phone first and then download the one from samsung. Everything works in the new version.

I'm unable to find that particular app in the Samsung / Google Play app store. I had to download the app from a link on this post. I'm on Verizon service.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm unable to find that particular app in the Samsung / Google Play app store. I had to download the app from a link on this post. I'm on Verizon service.

goto samsungapps.com. click use and it will download the appstore apk. Must set install unknown sources in settings. now search for Photo Editor. It will be the very top option. Works well for me!

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by LazrRocketArm

Maybe you can download from here:Samsung Apps

Note 2 is no listed as a compatible device

The top button downloads the right program to use the Samsung app store on my Note 2 regardless of the fact that the text around it doesn't mention the Note 2 for the download. And the apps at the store work on my Note 2. Or you can put the url Samsung Apps | Samsung Content & Services in your phone browser and you can access the hundreds of apps available through your browser.

Plus the store updates your installed apps just like Google play store does. For best use of the Samsung store I would suggest making sure your Samsung account is filled in under your phone's Settings->Accounts.

Last edited:

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
ybe9ypuq.jpg
How does your Note have those options?!?

Mine has them options also. When you choose a picture in photo edit you then tap bottom right button called decoration.. After that choose option to write. To write on back of pictures you must open a picture with stock picture app,, open settings and choose option to write on picture. It will automatically show you back of picture to write on.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/01/ybe9ypuq.jpg

Mine has them options also. When you choose a picture in photo edit you then tap bottom right button called decoration.. After that choose option to write. To write on back of pictures you must open a picture with stock picture app,, open settings and choose option to write on picture. It will automatically show you back of picture to write on.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

I see that but on the picture that dodong27 posted, the option to write on the front and write on the back is right next to each other... All on one page. Doesn't look like he has to goto photo editor to write on the front.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I see that but on the picture that dodong27 posted, the option to write on the front and write on the back is right next to each other... All on one page. Doesn't look like he has to goto photo editor to write on the front.

Oh thats a simple one...open gallery and choose whatever photo you want to draw on. Now hit the settings button (left of home button) you are now greeted with a selections of options including the option to draw on front or back.

Remember that almost all apps including system apps use this additional setting button.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699