Phone calls, Bluetooth, and Aux out

Centro85#AC

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
For the first time I can remember, on ANY device.. Be it PalmOS, WinMo, WebOS, or Android, I'm having an issue with phone calls. Someone please give this a shot if you can and let me know if you find a workaround. Connect to the bluetooth in your car or headset. Plug the phone into the aux port and play music (really you don't even have to do that, just plug in the aux port). Make or receive a phone call. There is NO way to switch it to the bluetooth that I can find. The phone greys out the headset AND the speaker option on the phone app when the aux port is plugged in. That's crazy. I've never seen a phone do that before. I can see making aux default, most do. But i've never seen a phone not at least give you the ability to swap over to bluetooth or speaker.

Is there a work around? I use the AUX port for better quality audio streaming music and nav in my work truck, as well as my personal truck, and use the vehicles bluetooth for phone calls while driving.

Centro85#AC

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Just talked to samsung tech support (level 1). They are saying this is NOT possible with the note 2, at all. If you have a car that only supports phone calls over bluetooth and connect to the aux port for music, you have to use the aux port for calls. Meaning the phone mic, not the cars mic, and the steering wheel controls don't work to answer or end the call. The only way around it is to unplug the aux plug during/before the call, and plug it back in after. Which is illegal in my state. This is definitely a samsung thing, as my Samsung GNex with pure android doesn't do this, and neither have any of my motorola/htc/lg androids. They all allow you to click the headset button in the phone app and switch it off auxilary during the call.

If someone knows a work around please let me know. This is the only issue I have found, and because I am in my truck most of my day and its illegal to mess with it physically while driving and it's definitely a deal breaker.

MOPARchris

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
The way I've gotten around this is to use the HTC music adapter that is Bluetooth the phone automatically switches from music to my in car bluetooth answering for calls the only downside is with Samsung you have to manually pair to the HTC music adapter each time you get in the car which is really no big deal.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I had this exact issue with my GS3 which led me to buy the TuneLink BT audio system. I BT music to my stereo through the TuneLink, which then routes the music through the AUX port. I also use a separate BT headset.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

vNaK

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I posted this in another thread. Download sound about pro app for 2.99 and it will fix this problem. Free version does not have the one feature we need. Gotta buy pro. I have it and it works great.

Centro85#AC

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I'll give that a try vNaK. How does that app work? Would I have to answer the call, go back to the homescreen, open the app and hit something, then switch it in the app to go back to music? Or is it automatic? We can't mess with phones at all while driving here, and since i'm in a work truck the guys with the bright lights on top their cars tend to lean on us a bit. Makes sense since we are on the road all the time I guess. Is there a custom rom that just simply removes what ever BS code samsung added to remove this feature? I can't believe this has been a problem since the galaxy S2, on all touchwiz phones, and no one has raised a stink about it. There are lots of cars that have bluetooth for phone but no A2DP.

prepaidguy9081

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Im on a note ii
When I am listing to music thru aux port
And I have my bluetooth in, it automaticly goes to bluetooth when I make or receive a call. Even svoice is on the bluetooth.
.this is true for microphone and speaker, on the bluetooth

Now if I receive a call, when done music starts back up [it stops for call]

When I make a call, I haft to hit play again.

Sent from my SGH-T889

vNaK

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I'll give that a try vNaK. How does that app work? Would I have to answer the call, go back to the homescreen, open the app and hit something, then switch it in the app to go back to music? Or is it automatic? We can't mess with phones at all while driving here, and since i'm in a work truck the guys with the bright lights on top their cars tend to lean on us a bit. Makes sense since we are on the road all the time I guess. Is there a custom rom that just simply removes what ever BS code samsung added to remove this feature? I can't believe this has been a problem since the galaxy S2, on all touchwiz phones, and no one has raised a stink about it. There are lots of cars that have bluetooth for phone but no A2DP.

It makes it so you decide how you want BT/headphones/speakers get prioritized. I only use it with pandora, but when you prioritize BT for calls while listening to music with headphones plugged in, it will pause Pandora and force the call to go to BT. Once you are done making the call, it sends the music back to headphones and resumes playing it. Everything is done automatically. Just setup the app once and you are set.

It'll essentially make it work like how some other phones are suppose to work with BT/headphones setup. Everything is automated. For some reason all my samsung phones have this issue and this APP fixes 100%. And the developer responds to your email like almost instantly. I'm impressed.

Centro85#AC

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Awesome. That's what I needed. Sad that you have to use an app for get this samsung phone to operate how all other smartphones/androids do, but at least there is a good app to fix it.

markyoung04

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Awesome. That's what I needed. Sad that you have to use an app for get this samsung phone to operate how all other smartphones/androids do, but at least there is a good app to fix it.

Did it work for you? I ask because I am in sales and in my Camry about 50% of day and this has become VERY irritating. Sometimes I forget to unplug the audio out and it just messes up the entire phone call with my client when they call in.

se7en5

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I have a tech tile set in my car that turns on the Bluetooth to hook up to htc (and it auto connects to the car) this could b a workaround for you hitting it every time

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Centro85#AC

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Did it work for you? I ask because I am in sales and in my Camry about 50% of day and this has become VERY irritating. Sometimes I forget to unplug the audio out and it just messes up the entire phone call with my client when they call in.

Honestly I never tried it. Didn't want to fight the phone to do something "normal." I just use a bluetooth FM transmitter with A2DP in my work truck, and AUX in for everything in my chevy. I have a one touch mount I switch between vehicles on the left side of the steering wheel. Illegal in my state, but legal in Cali. If I get a ticket for swiping answer so be it.

Nico Link

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
yust found your posts about the same problem i have.
however, i cant find the app you are talking about as a solution. can you please giv me the name again?

thanks!