Call history and call recording

Continuum88

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
How much history of phone calls and text messages can Note II keep? I know iPhone was pretty lousy in this area -- especially considering my previous Nokia and Sony Ericsson "non-smart" phones were perfectly able to keep that forever (at least when you connected them to their respective PC suites or other tools, the data would be copied over to the computer and kept there).
So, do I have to do anything special if I want to keep that "forever"?

Another thing: Which of the (free) apps for call recording is considered the best? I'm currently "testing" Auto Call Recorder (from Appstar Solutions), but there's quite a difference between volumes of my voice and the other side on the recording (and I'm not yet sure whether I have to start the app first, before making a call, or it runs in the background, even after freeing RAM in task manager). I have a feeling that it records whatever the microphone picks, i.e. not recording the other party directly from the earpiece output.
My prerequisites are:
-automatic (local) recording of all calls, with no limit as to their length/duration
-no annoying beeps or anything like that
-the ability to record conversations regardless of how you're making them (i.e. default earpiece/microphone, or speakerphone, or bluetooth earpiece).

Continuum88

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the link. So basically -- if I understood that correctly -- Note II by default doesn't support recording from the phone line (and any app, no matter how much you're willing to pay for it, will only record whatever it can from the microphone), unless I root it and flash with either XXDMB2/4 Odex/Deodex or XXDMB5 Odex/Deodex? I'm definitely going to root my Note soon (for other reasons also), but are those two files "custom ROMs" (I'm new to this)?

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I dont know if they are roms but they may be mods. Roms are whole os replacement. Mods can be done to stock os after root.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Continuum88

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Any idea about the difference between the SecPhone dialer mod mentioned in that link, and all the other apps for the purpose of recording calls? Is it convenience only, or does the mod in fact pick up audio input from the system (the phone line), not the mic - so you can also fully record calls when using a bluetooth handset?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38