Earpiece hiss

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone. I'm really digging my N2, but have one annoying problem. When on a phone call, there's a hiss that's always present when the person on the other end is speaking. It's loud enough that I'm always asking them to repeat what the say. I've searched around and the common response is to swap out the device. The problem is the people then comment the problem still persists on the replacement. I hope you can help. Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

HypoDest

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Have you configured call settings\my call sound?
That has some settings which can improve call sound.
Also , I think the phones had dual mics for noise cancelling purposes. Try calls without a case (if you have one) or make sure the top mic isn't blocked.

Sent from my GT-N7100

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Have you configured call settings\my call sound?
That has some settings which can improve call sound.
Also , I think the phones had dual mics for noise cancelling purposes. Try calls without a case (if you have one) or make sure the top mic isn't blocked.

Sent from my GT-N7100

I don't see any settings that address call quality/sound. I do use a case, however the top and bottom of the device are not covered.

HypoDest

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't see any settings that address call quality/sound. I do use a case, however the top and bottom of the device are not covered.

The setting I was referring to allows you to choose between clear sound or soft sound

Sent from my GT-N7100

HypoDest

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Under phone\call settings do you have an option called 'my call sound' ?

I'm not sure if it's there, since international version may be different to usa carrier version.

Sent from my GT-N7100

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I found them. I will pay with those settings and see if there's any improvement. Thanks again.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Rats. Changing the settings doesn't help. I also went back to stock just in case it was a rom issue. I hope I don't have to start swapping devices. Any other suggestions are appreciated.