08-02-2013 02:50 PM
68 123
tools
    your iPhone friends secretly all have size envy. You know how the saying goes....once you go 5.55 inches you won't go back
    07-05-2013 01:54 PM
    I actually see it the opposite as my girl has an iPhone 4s and anytime I see her use it I wonder to myself, how can anyone use something with such a small screen? She frequently has to hold it close to her face to see things on it (she has good vision otherwise). I feel the same way now anytime I break out my old Thunderbolt with its 4.3" screen. So for me, I just can't imagine going back to anything smaller. It would feel like going backwards.
    I agree with this statement. Being an ex iPhone 3GS user, I really couldn't imagine going back to that old phone.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-05-2013 01:57 PM
    Occasionally I wish I had a smaller screen, but that's a small amount of the time.

I really like the large screen for browsing the web, watching videos, etc. I don't know if I could ever get used to having a smaller screen. However, I don't want anything bigger. There's a point where too big becomes uncomfortable and unusable. I think the Note 2 size is the perfect size of usability and screen real estate.
    07-05-2013 02:58 PM
    Occasionally I wish I had a smaller screen, but that's a small amount of the time.

I really like the large screen for browsing the web, watching videos, etc. I don't know if I could ever get used to having a smaller screen. However, I don't want anything bigger. There's a point where too big becomes uncomfortable and unusable. I think the Note 2 size is the perfect size of usability and screen real estate.
    Completely agree, that's pretty much how I feel.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    07-05-2013 03:15 PM
    I remember when everyone thought cell phones were too big so every manufacturer came up with the tiniest phone possible. Then everyone thought phones were too small. You couldn't grip them... the screens were tiny.... they got lost in your pocket. Every manufacturer came up with a larger phone. Then everyone thought they wanted a huge phone to use for videos and movies and it would make typing easier........... now people are questioning the huge phones...... it will never end. That is why there are so many choices.

I can't bring myself to carry my Note 2 anymore. I just can't deal with the monster while I'm trying to carry on all day. If I had a purse or something it might be a different story but I can't stand that thing in my pocket. Once the honeymoon was over, I had to grab my Optimus G which is about the biggest thing I will deal with.
    DS1331 and idaute like this.
    07-05-2013 05:20 PM
    I remember when everyone thought cell phones were too big so every manufacturer came up with the tiniest phone possible. Then everyone thought phones were too small. You couldn't grip them... the screens were tiny.... they got lost in your pocket. Every manufacturer came up with a larger phone. Then everyone thought they wanted a huge phone to use for videos and movies and it would make typing easier........... now people are questioning the huge phones...... it will never end. That is why there are so many choices.

I can't bring myself to carry my Note 2 anymore. I just can't deal with the monster while I'm trying to carry on all day. If I had a purse or something it might be a different story but I can't stand that thing in my pocket. Once the honeymoon was over, I had to grab my Optimus G which is about the biggest thing I will deal with.
    Seems like time is always changing together with people's opinions.

Aquila likes this.
    07-05-2013 10:39 PM
    I love my note 2 size. Whenever I use my wife's iphone, it just is so tiny. Even my gs3 feels small, i don't want to go any smaller than the note 2 for my next phone

Btw, I was the first in my group at work to get the note 2. More, half of us have note 2's. I rarely use it to make calls, mostly use it to browse our watch a movie, and the extra screen sleeve is great.

It is a bit big for sure, but I can still manage with one hand of need be tough mostly I use two hands

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk 2
    karsdroid likes this.
    07-05-2013 10:48 PM
    It depends,if you compare it to an iPhone of course it will be bigger than when you compare it to a similar note 2.The benefits of it is clear,everything will be bigger on the screen. Bigger means better. The problem with bigger screens is the one-handed use. Sometimes,I like to drink coffee while reading the news on my phone. Now,maybe with my not-so-big hands,it is hard to do because the note is quite big for me to hold with one hand. But,if your hand is big enough,it'll fit perfectly.

After all,Samsung has implemented apps to work using just one hand,like the keyboard that can be put near the edges of the right/left side of the screen.
    07-05-2013 11:41 PM
    Perfect size for me and I wouldn't want to go smaller after having it for a few months- seems normal to me. I don't think I'd want to go any bigger, either. I have long fingers and can just navigate the screen one-handed. Best phone I've EVER had.
    07-06-2013 12:15 AM
    But will the handset get any bigger? Maybe a little, Can they fit .4" more screen in, keeping the 16:9 ratio?

Sent from my GT-N7105
    By my rough estimate, they can increase the hypotenuse (diagonal measurement) by approximately 1.3 to 1.5 inches by eliminating or reducing current bezels on the Note 2 form factor. What I'd rather see them do is keep 5.5 as the diagonal, reduce the form factor in size to make it more manageable and increase resolution to 1080p or 1200p HD. So far no one from Samsung has called me to ask.
    Russ Smith likes this.
    07-06-2013 02:19 AM
    Seems very complicated

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-06-2013 02:44 AM
    I don't think it's big enough.

Note 2,,ITS TRUE, SIZE IS EVERYTHING.
    07-06-2013 05:09 AM
    I've been a note 2 user since December, and I absolutely love the size of the phone. But sometimes, when I see my friends take out their iPhone, I can't help but think if maybe the note is just too big sometimes. So how do you guys feel about this? Would you ever go to a smaller phone? Does the size bother you sometimes?

Posted via Android Central App

i had the Note 2 for 2 months and one day i was showing my co-worker something and he picked up his 4 inch phone to see if his did same and the envy i felt at his one handed use was struck me as insane but yet there it was...ONCE i started feeling like "Note 2 is too big", i couldn't shake it....lol So i wound up selling my Note 2 shortly after that and got the S3 but (of course after using the Note 2 that just felt too tiny... I had to face it, i had become "Goldilocks Of The Android World"...

When i played with the LG Optimus G Pro i was soooo taken with it but i was like "ohhhh nooo, i ain't going thru THAT "big phone ONLY great at home" merry go round, so i didn't get it... THAT day. BUT, next day, after obsessing on, "how can i get that LG O G Pro to work for me, i HAVE to have it"...

Here's what i did... Got a Prepaid 3.7 inch Samsung Exhibit 2 @ walmart for $129.00 , rooted it, CM9, and now i have both...On T Mo my 2nd phone line is only 10 bucks a mo with unl text, talk & data (only 500MB high speed, but still, its the BEST solution i have found for the "phone size" dilemma... It works really well too because now i can keep a phone in my pocket at all times and there was no way i was able to do that with any other phone i had in the past couple of years....This one is sooooooo cute and tiny and with CM9 running jellybean 4.1 is amazing!

The Exhibit 2 is still selling, it is one of the best phones Samsung ever made. Its resolution is 252 ppi, you will not find such a great res on any phone under 4.3 inches....

07-06-2013 07:44 AM
    I am so use to rhe size it feels like a nomal size phone to me, Happy with my note 2

Mighty Note II
    karsdroid and zmann like this.
    07-06-2013 07:56 AM
    I have had the Note2 since Jan 10th. Love the phone and all it does. I have my tablet and laptop. This phone is perfect. But I won't go bigger.

sent from my amazing Note2
    07-06-2013 09:57 AM
    Thinking of getting Mega 6.3 as my third device. But it's really not much difference compared to my tab.

07-06-2013 10:53 AM
    Thinking of getting Mega 6.3 as my third device. But it's really not much difference compared to my tab.

Lol

Sent via Note II
    07-06-2013 11:21 AM

i had the Note 2 for 2 months and one day i was showing my co-worker something and he picked up his 4 inch phone to see if his did same and the envy i felt at his one handed use was struck me as insane but yet there it was...ONCE i started feeling like "Note 2 is too big", i couldn't shake it....lol So i wound up selling my Note 2 shortly after that and got the S3 but (of course after using the Note 2 that just felt too tiny... I had to face it, i had become "Goldilocks Of The Android World"...

When i played with the LG Optimus G Pro i was soooo taken with it but i was like "ohhhh nooo, i ain't going thru THAT "big phone ONLY great at home" merry go round, so i didn't get it... THAT day. BUT, next day, after obsessing on, "how can i get that LG O G Pro to work for me, i HAVE to have it"...

Here's what i did... Got a Prepaid 3.7 inch Samsung Exhibit 2 @ walmart for $129.00 , rooted it, CM9, and now i have both...On T Mo my 2nd phone line is only 10 bucks a mo with unl text, talk & data (only 500MB high speed, but still, its the BEST solution i have found for the "phone size" dilemma... It works really well too because now i can keep a phone in my pocket at all times and there was no way i was able to do that with any other phone i had in the past couple of years....This one is sooooooo cute and tiny and with CM9 running jellybean 4.1 is amazing!

The Exhibit 2 is still selling, it is one of the best phones Samsung ever made. Its resolution is 252 ppi, you will not find such a great res on any phone under 4.3 inches....

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...psc6f095c1.jpg
    The iphone has a much higher resolution and pixel density

07-06-2013 11:28 AM
    Nope. Perfect size for me. My hands are big enough that I can still one hand it. I bought my wife an S4 and that thing feels so tiny. I do miss the screen on my DNA though. The clarity on that and the S4 make my note look like an OG Droid lol

-Duly GNOTE2'd
    Notsosure likes this.
    07-07-2013 01:38 PM
    When I first saw the Note 2 at the store lined up next to all the other phones I thought it was ridiculous, but on its own it's just right. I was in the market for a mini-tablet but no more, this does it all.

Until a usable hologram or something is invented that allows the view area to be as large or small as the user wants/needs at any time (and keeping this decision separate from the hardware, which should be as small as possible in this scenario) the screen should be as large as possible while still fitting in a pocket. If this device were any THICKER it might be too big. But because it's thin the large screen is just fine.
    cdf3 likes this.
    07-07-2013 07:29 PM
    I rarely use it to make calls, mostly use it to browse our watch a movie, and the extra screen sleeve is great.

It is a bit big for sure, but I can still manage with one hand of need be tough mostly I use two hands

You are probably like most who prize bigger, shinier and loaded with things that are better installed on a tablet. You even specifically say that you rarely use it to make calls. You should be like some of us with better sensibilities and get a tablet with a 10 inch screen. You will even be able to see it better than on your oversized phone. Then, you can go back to a phone that you use to make calls (gee, I thought that was what a phone was for). One that you can readily carry in your pocket so that it is indeed mobile. I don't carry my phone to be used as a tablet. I carry it to make and receive telephone calls. That is really what a mobile telephone was originally designed to do. You could even get a Nexus 7 which is easier to see than your oversized phone, and go back to a convenient cell phone for doing what it was originally intended to do, namely making and receiving telephone calls.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    07-07-2013 09:25 PM
    I love the size of my Note 2. I'm 40ish and wear glasses and I can see the screen easily. I don't talk much but do text. My hubby has iphone 4s and I can't imagine trying to view web pages on it.anyone comments on it, I just threaten to hit them with it!

Using the wonderful and amazing Samsung Note 2
    07-07-2013 10:08 PM
    You are probably like most who prize bigger, shinier and loaded with things that are better installed on a tablet. You even specifically say that you rarely use it to make calls. You should be like some of us with better sensibilities and get a tablet with a 10 inch screen. You will even be able to see it better than on your oversized phone. Then, you can go back to a phone that you use to make calls (gee, I thought that was what a phone was for). One that you can readily carry in your pocket so that it is indeed mobile. I don't carry my phone to be used as a tablet. I carry it to make and receive telephone calls. That is really what a mobile telephone was originally designed to do. You could even get a Nexus 7 which is easier to see than your oversized phone, and go back to a convenient cell phone for doing what it was originally intended to do, namely making and receiving telephone calls.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    That was what a basic cell phone was meant to do. There are ways to communicate with others without having to talk using traditional methods. You can use SMS, MMS, Email, Facetime, Twitter, Facebook, etc..
    I rarely make direct calls on my Note II, because I'm able to communicate with others in various ways.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    universeand likes this.
    07-07-2013 10:09 PM
    LOL Better sensibilities? Over-sized phone? Purely subjective.

I have a 10" tablet (Note 10.1) and a Note 2 (killer combo IMO ). The tablet is great for use at home, but too large and not so mobile. The Note 2 on the other hand is great for use on the go while maintaining a lot of screen real estate (awesome!). As to using it to make calls? Not a problem; it's easy to hold with one hand (up to my ear) for any duration. The phone is light regardless of its size and Samsung specifically narrowed its width, compared to the original Note, to make it easier to hold. It's also not a problem carrying it; easily fits inside my left front pocket (in a Monaco vertical type leather pouch) either on my shorts or any of my dress pants. On my jeans that have a smaller pocket, I just clip the pouch on the outside of the pocket sitting vertical on my hip.
    07-07-2013 10:36 PM
    The Note 2 is huge but don't kid yourself.. Iphones (most of them) with their 3.5" screens are fricken small lol. I mean seriously, the look tiny, so there cannot be more contrast in size between your Note and an iPhone.

Posted via Android Central App
    universeand likes this.
    07-07-2013 11:19 PM
68 123