How do I stop downloaded files from going to the internal memory?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'd like downloaded items to save to a "Downloads" folder on my SD card. (not rooted). Possible?

If I had to guess, I would say no. You can try going into My FIles, and press menu. See if there is a setting to change desired location.

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I'd like downloaded items to save to a "Downloads" folder on my SD card. (not rooted). Possible?

Are you talking about items downloaded from a browser? I know some browsers (such as dolphin browser) give you the option of changing the download location.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I have a number of browsers and browser downloads are high on my list of apps I'd like to automatically re-direct downloads to the SD card. I'll look at my Dolphin installation...

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
OK. found the setting in Dolphin to re-direct. thx. Also found setting in Next Browser. Sure would like to redirect from StumbleUpon! the workaround of opening a link from SU to a browser is worse than just periodically going into Explorer on my PC and mass-moving a bunch of stuff that has gotten saved to internal storage.

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
periodically going into Explorer on my PC and mass-moving a bunch of stuff

My apologies if you already know this, but there are a bunch of file explorers in the Android market that will allow you to move these files without going to your computer. I currently use ES file Explorer.

nb

Somdk

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I dont really recall but i just know i tried to download a picture file with the default browser and it went to a folder called Download in ExSdCard under My Files.....

Did it happen because i had went like - My Files - Settings - Bottom section options - Set Document Directory - which i had defined to the a folder called Download under Sd card.....

Any opinion ? Anybody ?

Posted via Android Central App

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
My apologies if you already know this, but there are a bunch of file explorers in the Android market that will allow you to move these files without going to your computer. I currently use ES file Explorer.

nb

Yes, I have ES File Explorer as well as OI File manager, but I'd like to not have to keep moving things. :)

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I dont really recall but i just know i tried to download a picture file with the default browser and it went to a folder called Download in ExSdCard under My Files.....

Did it happen because i had went like - My Files - Settings - Bottom section options - Set Document Directory - which i had defined to the a folder called Download under Sd card.....

Any opinion ? Anybody ?

Posted via Android Central App

I tried setting each and every item in My Files to the extSDCard. For any files I download from apps such as Flipboard, they still go to the internal storage. Seems the only way I can get things to download where I want them is to use apps that explicitly allow us to set the download folder.

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I have ES File Explorer as well as OI File manager, but I'd like to not have to keep moving things. :)

Ok, Good! I think I must have misread one of your messages. I thought you only used the computer to move files. Did using Dolphin Browser fix your issue?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall