Backed up my Note II ,now what?

Smidth_001

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I own a samsung galaxy note II and backed up my contacts,media..... using Samsung Kies software.Since I am moving to a different country I am going to buy a new device there(most probably an android device) so I need to sync my current backup in the phone that I am going to buy there.
So can anyone tell me where the back up is stored in my pc,so that I take it with me physically or upload it to a cloud service and later synchronize it into my new phone.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I own a samsung galaxy note II and backed up my contacts,media..... using Samsung Kies software.Since I am moving to a different country I am going to buy a new device there(most probably an android device) so I need to sync my current backup in the phone that I am going to buy there.
So can anyone tell me where the back up is stored in my pc,so that I take it with me physically or upload it to a cloud service and later synchronize it into my new phone.

Welcome to the forums!
I think you can do one of two things: In contacts, you can hit menu, and there is a back up to .xml option, or you can just make sure they are synced to Google, then sign in with the new account.
Otherwise, probably programs>Kies, but I am just guessing there.

As for the media, what kind? Music? If that's it, just put it on the SD card, and unmount it when you are leaving or just before you switch.