I live and die by my FOXFI wireless connection, and do not want to do anything to jeopardize it.

Has anyone installed the 4.3 system update, and run it with FOXFI. Does it still work?

Please advise if you can.

TNX.
    11-02-2013 08:20 PM
    I live and die by my FOXFI wireless connection, and do not want to do anything to jeopardize it.

Has anyone installed the 4.3 system update, and run it with FOXFI. Does it still work?

Please advise if you can.

TNX.
    Most of the carriers have hamstrung FoxFi starting with 4.1. With that OS, there have been workarounds, but since 4.2, FoxFi using hotspot loopholes, to my knowledge, have been closed.
    11-02-2013 10:49 PM
    hmmm. looks like I need to disable the OTA update ...
    11-02-2013 10:59 PM
    Which carrier do you have? With Verizon, you should be able to use the stock hotspot app activated by third party widget. Works on my note 3 which has 4.3.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    11-04-2013 08:43 AM
    I am with Verizon. I assume the stock hotspot app requires additional fees which are avoided by FOXFI ???
    11-04-2013 08:52 AM
    I am with Verizon. I assume the stock hotspot app requires additional fees which are avoided by FOXFI ???
    The loophole I mentioned above bypasses the subscription requirement. Note that you may get an error message screen telling you that you need a subscription. If you see this screen, just press the home button. Then go to the hotspot app and configure it to your liking. AFAIK, should work on the s3,s4,n2,n3, and maybe others.

I posted it on the note 3 forum here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=322622

Note 3 runs 4.3 stock

11-04-2013 09:15 AM
    I get to the call to subscribe screen, and just go home. However, I do not see an active hotspot app running on my note 2. perhaps they fixed the loophole already ???
    11-04-2013 09:57 AM
    I get to the call to subscribe screen, and just go home. However, I do not see an active hotspot app running on my note 2. perhaps they fixed the loophole already ???
    Just tried it on my note 3 and it still works. Did you press cancel or any other option on the screen?

11-04-2013 10:32 AM
    Just tried it on my note 3 and it still works. Did you press cancel or any other option on the screen?

Did not press cancel but where is the hotspot in notification bar? Its not there. How do i put it there?
    11-04-2013 01:14 PM
    Did not press cancel but where is the hotspot in notification bar? Its not there. How do i put it there?
    Nevermind, working again after trying this from FoxFi google description...

"*Some Jelly Bean phones has locked-down the WiFi hotspot feature, because of that FoxFi will ask you to install a user certificate on those phones. The side effect is that Android system will require you to set a screen lock (and only allows Pattern, PIN or Password) when any security settings is changed. There is indeed a way to remove the lock screen while keeping the certificate: set a pattern lock and try to unlock the phone with a "bad pattern" for 5-10 times, it will show you an error message, now select "Forgot Pattern?" and enter your gmail/password. After these steps the screen lock will be removed without removing the certificate."
    11-04-2013 01:28 PM
    Nevermind, working again after trying this from FoxFi google description...

"*Some Jelly Bean phones has locked-down the WiFi hotspot feature, because of that FoxFi will ask you to install a user certificate on those phones. The side effect is that Android system will require you to set a screen lock (and only allows Pattern, PIN or Password) when any security settings is changed. There is indeed a way to remove the lock screen while keeping the certificate: set a pattern lock and try to unlock the phone with a "bad pattern" for 5-10 times, it will show you an error message, now select "Forgot Pattern?" and enter your gmail/password. After these steps the screen lock will be removed without removing the certificate."
    I tried the above, and does not work on my stock AT&T Note 2, just updated to 4.3. Anyone else have 4.3 AT&T Note 2 where their FoxFI is working?
    Blackout86 likes this.
    12-18-2013 05:26 PM
    I tried the above, and does not work on my stock AT&T Note 2, just updated to 4.3. Anyone else have 4.3 AT&T Note 2 where their FoxFI is working?
    Doesn't work for me either
    Blackout86 likes this.
    12-19-2013 04:25 PM
    Tried Portable wifi app?
    12-19-2013 06:09 PM
    Tried Portable wifi app?
    Yes I did. doesn't work
    12-19-2013 09:45 PM
    Yes I did. doesn't work
    I just finished trying about 10 hotspot tethering apps from the Play Store. None of them worked with the 4.3 update.
    Blackout86 likes this.
    12-22-2013 02:39 PM
    I just don't understand how some people are saying it works.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-s...-tether-2.html
    12-23-2013 09:46 AM
    Only suggestion I can make is to root.

[The following steps till end brace may not be necessary.

Install apn backup and restore
    Install titanium backup
    Set apn bnr as system app
    Open apn bnr
    Dismiss warning
    Disable ics check in menu
    Press back, NOT HOME
    Open
    Backup apns
    Delete apns NOT BACKUP
    Go to system and program in your apn again.

This deleates any hidden apns that may not allow teathering, I know it was a requirement on tmobile note ii for a long time]

Install wifi teather.
    Set it up as softap master and choose your device or similar device.

Run.

Jedi roms should come ready out of the box to support wifi teather.
    You will gain root with their install.

Touch wiz based. But still 4.1.2

But if u need to teather...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4
    12-26-2013 05:46 AM
    Updated to 4.3 on VZW Galaxy s3....lost Foxfi Wifi. I am using bluetooth tethering right now on my HP laptop running Win 7. My iPad won't connect to the bluetooth. I am not rooted.Maybe that's the next step.
    12-26-2013 01:52 PM
    I was using Portable Wifi Hotspot which stopped working with 4.3 update. I installed FoxFi and that is working. Perhaps FoxFi is working because I did not have it installed before update. I would prefer Portable Wifi Hotspot app so I am looking forward to finding work-around.
    01-11-2014 11:42 AM