Nexdock Touch a Note companion

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered a NexDock Touch to use for DeX with my Note 20 Ultra, anyone else go this route or similar?
NexDock - Turn your Smartphone into a Laptop | NexDock transforms smartphones and Raspberry Pi into a Laptop.
I think DeX is maturing and will be fun to try and use as a daily driver, I haven't had a Windows machine for quite some time now, just using an Asus C434 chromebook besides my Note/s and haven't really missed Windows except from a few small jobs that I could probably just get a mini/micro type PC that can also be plugged into the NexDock Touch

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Motorola had something similar back around the time the Bionic was out. For the Bionic, the Lapdock, as they called it, was specific for the phone as the phone docked into the back of the unit. I think they had another Verizon that was more versatile, but I'm not sure what other phones supported it. It was rather slick in some ways as it also had a built in battery that would charge your phone. But it was ultimately rather useless back then. The concept may be more viable now as phones are much more powerful than they were back then and the desktop modes are much more robust. I had one for the Bionic, but I only got it after motorola decided to abandon it and they sold it for dirt cheap. I ended up only using it while traveling and it mostly ended up being used as a glorified charging dock. I don't really see a need for this personally but I can see how others might. Especially if so your productivity needs can be meet by the software on the phone

DoyouFanBoyBro

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
There are many apps that simply don't work while in dex mode because of some touchcreen limitation. It's why I don't use dex mode.

This is interesting. If we use this does it overcome that problem ???

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
There are many apps that simply don't work while in dex mode because of some touchcreen limitation. It's why I don't use dex mode.

This is interesting. If we use this does it overcome that problem ???

I hope so, it is made with DeX in mind so there's a good chance anyway.
I'll be able to tell you in a months time ??????

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress