Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G phones Defective NO BLUETOOTH pairing W/PC

CaptCam2020

Nov 28, 2020
Visit site
Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G phones Defective NO BLUETOOTH W/PC

By CaptCam2020 Nov 27, 2020 4:26PM PST

Received 2 of these new note 20 ultra 5G phones to replace my older phones which are 8+ . 9 Note 10 Note used here in the office with our
office staff found out that these new phones will not pair with Bluetooth with our PC's any of them. We have PC's with Win. 7, Win 10, home and Win 10 Pro none more than 5 years old and most less than a year old. These PCs will also connect to all and any other Bluetooth device. Just not to these phones. There's some defect with the Bluetooth programming of the phones that does not allow them to connect through Bluetooth to the PC's as all their previous phones have done with no problem we connect the phone with Bluetooth to the computer to use the built-in phone app what Win. OS with Your Phone Companion app, without being able to pair it through Bluetooth this app does not work for calling part of it, all other aspects of the app that uses Wi-Fi work just fine. These phones will pair with all other devices of any kind Bluetooth device but will not pair to any of our PC's old new or otherwise. There's a defect in the programming with the Bluetooth in these phones that Samsung is ignoring we've reported this to them and they have not got back to us at all. Anybody else having this problem with these phones and not be able to pair it with Bluetooth with your PC I can't imagine were the only ones with this issue.
Our IT pro has worked on these issues for more than a week with MS level 3 tech support and with the carriers tech support, all have concluded that there is nothing wrong with the PCs and that it can only be a defect during COVID with the firmware of these new defective phones.

I would also suggest recommending that if you own one of these Defective phones simply try and pair it with Bluetooth to your PC and see what you will find out for yourself. By all means, do not take my or anyone else's opinion about these phones to check it out for yourself. Please report back here with your findings.

Post was last edited on November 28, 2020 11:16 AM PST

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Just tried now just for the heck of it...
Lenovo T450 laptop with Win 10 Pro.

I installed Win 10 Pro on it a year or two ago I think.
Clean install using Windows Media Creator image from MS site.
Completely up to date... version 20HS.
Lenovo firmware up to date.
N20U is AT&T carrier variant. Updated with November 1 patch.

All the computers you tried them on work computers on a domain?
Have security software like F-Secure?
Tried it on a non-work/retail computer... Pro or Home Edition... not domain of have any work software?

Attachments

• 3CC28CD4-517A-4767-9BD4-9D1F6F624EB4.jpeg
    3CC28CD4-517A-4767-9BD4-9D1F6F624EB4.jpeg
    54.4 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to AC!

Have you done a network reset , it resets Bluetooth, also check Bluetooth history if any apps there ? Can even check developer option where you could change the Bluetooth codec,version whole bunch of testing there , I leave screen shots as what I mean .
Screenshot_20201128-182416_Settings.jpegScreenshot_20201128-182356_Settings.jpegScreenshot_20201128-182308_Settings.jpegScreenshot_20201128-182247_Settings.jpegScreenshot_20201128-182229_Settings.jpeg

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I have an Unlocked Note 20U on November 1 security patch. I just connected to my HP Laptop running Win 10 Pro which was an upgrade from the original Win 8.1 Home. I'm sorry you are having issues. Hope you get it resolved. I'd definitely try what @mustang7757 suggested.

Attachments

• 20201129_002625.jpg
    20201129_002625.jpg
    592.6 KB · Views: 9

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G phones Defective NO BLUETOOTH W/PC

By CaptCam2020 Nov 27, 2020 4:26PM PST

Received 2 of these new note 20 ultra 5G phones to replace my older phones which are 8+ . 9 Note 10 Note used here in the office with our
office staff found out that these new phones will not pair with Bluetooth with our PC's any of them. We have PC's with Win. 7, Win 10, home and Win 10 Pro none more than 5 years old and most less than a year old. These PCs will also connect to all and any other Bluetooth device. Just not to these phones. There's some defect with the Bluetooth programming of the phones that does not allow them to connect through Bluetooth to the PC's as all their previous phones have done with no problem we connect the phone with Bluetooth to the computer to use the built-in phone app what Win. OS with Your Phone Companion app, without being able to pair it through Bluetooth this app does not work for calling part of it, all other aspects of the app that uses Wi-Fi work just fine. These phones will pair with all other devices of any kind Bluetooth device but will not pair to any of our PC's old new or otherwise. There's a defect in the programming with the Bluetooth in these phones that Samsung is ignoring we've reported this to them and they have not got back to us at all. Anybody else having this problem with these phones and not be able to pair it with Bluetooth with your PC I can't imagine were the only ones with this issue.
Our IT pro has worked on these issues for more than a week with MS level 3 tech support and with the carriers tech support, all have concluded that there is nothing wrong with the PCs and that it can only be a defect during COVID with the firmware of these new defective phones.

I would also suggest recommending that if you own one of these Defective phones simply try and pair it with Bluetooth to your PC and see what you will find out for yourself. By all means, do not take my or anyone else's opinion about these phones to check it out for yourself. Please report back here with your findings.

Post was last edited on November 28, 2020 11:16 AM PST
Do you think it's a windows driver issue with your wireless antennas?

CaptCam2020

Nov 28, 2020
Visit site
We get the same message on the PC. It says it is paired with the phone but the phone says its not and it doesn't work for the phone calling part of the app.

CaptCam2020

Nov 28, 2020
Visit site
Yes our computer says it's paired 2 but the phone says it is not in the phone app will not work for the calling part of the app due to the phone not pering with the Bluetooth on the computer even though the computer indicates and says it is paired

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2