Note 3 Active

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
If this is going to be anything like the S4 Active, then count me out. The display is LCD instead of Super Amoled, and the camera actually got worse. I can't wait that long for "what ifs". I'll be buying the regular Note 3 day 1.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
If this is going to be anything like the S4 Active, then count me out. The display is LCD instead of Super Amoled, and the camera actually got worse. I can't wait that long for "what ifs". I'll be buying the regular Note 3 day 1.
They're rumoring flexible AMOLED so hopefully that'd what we see instead of LCD. However, if they did introduce an LCD with the quality of the HTC One or LG G2 then I'd be very happy with that too.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
They're rumoring flexible AMOLED so hopefully that'd what we see instead of LCD. However, if they did introduce an LCD with the quality of the HTC One or LG G2 then I'd be very happy with that too.

Even so, I haven't seen a single S4 active out in the wild without a case on it. It defeats the purpose of having a water, and dust proof phone if you're just going to slap a case on it. The point being, I'll just put a case on my regular Note 3, and be happy :p

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Even so, I haven't seen a single S4 active out in the wild without a case on it. It defeats the purpose of having a water, and dust proof phone if you're just going to slap a case on it. The point being, I'll just put a case on my regular Note 3, and be happy :p
I don't know. You can still be water and dust-proof but want to keep your phone scratch and nic free. As strange as it may sound, even if I had the S4 active, I'd still want a case on it. Different strokes....

Craig King

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
My problem with this is, this is the way the note 3 should of been probably no need for two separate versions. Now if this is limited just to South Korea as some have suggested then no biggie. I want a note with a flex display that has notifications on the side like they showed at CES early this year.

Posted via Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Well, it depends on what the price differential may be. If this costs an extra $100 then it'd work for Sammy because there are folks that would want the metal chassis and beefed up specs and be willing to pay more for them. It's that BMW 330ci vs. BMW M3 mentality me thinks.

thymeless

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm seeing conflicting reports. One is a flexible plastic screen OLED (which would scratch super easy so would need a screen protector imho) Note Active. The other is a Youm like side curved LCD screen Note 3 limited edition. They could be one and the same, but the side bent youm design just seems so worthless to me.

have to wait and see how this shakes out.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm seeing conflicting reports. One is a flexible plastic screen OLED (which would scratch super easy so would need a screen protector imho) Note Active. The other is a Youm like side curved LCD screen Note 3 limited edition. They could be one and the same, but the side bent youm design just seems so worthless to me.

have to wait and see how this shakes out.
I'm sure they're going to put Gorilla 3 on it so if they use flexible display tech it'd be for some different reason. A Note 3 with a toughened aluminum chassis (and an aluminum S-Pen) would sit just fine with me and I'd be willing to pay a bit more for it.

AgentScribe

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

I guess I kind of feel the same way. I really wanted the Note 3 Active and was willing to wait but then my current device, an AtrixHD. started to have issues and I really needed to upgrade now by pre-ordering the Note 3 and waiting three weeks for it to ship.

My active lifestyle (my phone is my primary GPS device for cycling, running, mountain biking and we spend a lot of time on the water) dictates that I have bomb-proof case and a Samsung Active-level phone would add to that security; the down-spec of the S4 Active didn't really bother me and I figured I'd feel the same about a Note 3 Active...but now that I've been salivating on what is arguably the top-of-the-line device (for a few weeks anyway), I'm content to just receive my phone next week and just take really good care of it.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I guess I kind of feel the same way. I really wanted the Note 3 Active and was willing to wait but then my current device, an AtrixHD. started to have issues and I really needed to upgrade now by pre-ordering the Note 3 and waiting three weeks for it to ship.

My active lifestyle (my phone is my primary GPS device for cycling, running, mountain biking and we spend a lot of time on the water) dictates that I have bomb-proof case and a Samsung Active-level phone would add to that security; the down-spec of the S4 Active didn't really bother me and I figured I'd feel the same about a Note 3 Active...but now that I've been salivating on what is arguably the top-of-the-line device (for a few weeks anyway), I'm content to just receive my phone next week and just take really good care of it.
An Otterbox Defender should go a long way too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699