VZW - In Store Price $349 with $50 Mail in Rebate

Notrega

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I had a chat with a VZW rep and was told that online pre-order and post release sales were and will remain $299 but once it hits stores it would be $349 with a $50 mail in rebate. But she couldn't tell me when it would hit stores...

It won't really matter to me. I am doing the upgrade transfer and equipment swap to keep my two $9.99/month unlimited lines and plan to bill the upgrade cost to the account.

Can anyone confirm the $349 store price with the $50 rebate??

bmanzella527

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I had a chat with a VZW rep and was told that online pre-order and post release sales were and will remain $299 but once it hits stores it would be $349 with a $50 mail in rebate. But she couldn't tell me when it would hit stores...

It won't really matter to me. I am doing the upgrade transfer and equipment swap to keep my two $9.99/month unlimited lines and plan to bill the upgrade cost to the account.

Can anyone confirm the $349 store price with the $50 rebate??

God I really hope not... I don't have 350 all I have is barley enough for a note 3

yellowcanary73

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
If this is fact then I guess they're trying to match Sprint. They figure if Sprint can get away with it so can they last minute decision on their part.

Posted via Android Central App

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
If this is fact then I guess they're trying to match Sprint. They figure if Sprint can get away with it so can they last minute decision on their part.

Actually that's the same thing they did with the galaxy s4. It was and still is I believe 249.99 not 199.99

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

GeneD

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Why do they constantly rip their customers? My iPhone is on Verizon and this is why I put my work N3 on TMo. I live in a major metro area and fortunately have great TMo coverage here. Their pricing is aggressive and the best.

streetslide

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Rebates are interest free loans. If that is the case they can keep it, I'll either switch carriers or wait a few more months when I don't have to give Verizon an interest free loan.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Rebates are interest free loans. If that is the case they can keep it, I'll either switch carriers or wait a few more months when I don't have to give Verizon an interest free loan.

It's not interest free because they don't refund the sales tax lol.

Mr Bigs

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

I just switched to AT&T from Verizon and bought the Note 3 on a one year plan. Verizon service has gone down hill and their prices up.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD

Dustin6707

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Just go to radio shack, Sams club, or elsewhere. Someone will have it cheaper. I got my sprint note 3 for $288 at Sams and had sprint wave the $36 activation fee.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk 2

bmanzella527

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Well I desperately needed a new phone so I got a 5s at bestbuy to hold me over and my plan is to switch to the note 3. But if it's 350 that's a deal breaker to me

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It's not interest free because they don't refund the sales tax lol.

Depends on where you are I guess. In CA it won't matter, tax is based on retail. I bought my Note II for $37 on contract and paid $71 in taxes.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Verizon got rid of those horrible MIR a couple years ago and now they are back again. It just doesn't make sense to jerk the customer around other than getting customers to cut the UPC code immediately send it in and voila no 14 day return window since you cut the UPC out.

runamuck0870

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Verizon got rid of those horrible MIR a couple years ago and now they are back again. It just doesn't make sense to jerk the customer around other than getting customers to cut the UPC code immediately send it in and voila no 14 day return window since you cut the UPC out.

You pretty much just stated their intent....

1) Charge you more for in-store fulfillment. That costs them more to serve you than if you order via the web (associate payroll, commission, benefits, real estate costs for store, etc.) -AND-
2) Potentially net more in the way of accessory purchases since some people really can't do simple math and see Rebates as "free money" so they spend an extra $50 on a case, charger or whatnot.

Then, once they've gotten you into store and sold you the phone at the higher price with MIB:

1) Hope you'll totally forget to send in the rebate altogether (netting them an additional $50 in pure profit) -OR-
2) Hope you'll take advantage of it immediately, thereby locking you into the purchase/contract -OR-
3) Hope you'll take advantage of eventually, giving them at a minimum the float on your $50 loan

Either way you look at it, its diabolically shrewd marketing on their part. The house always wins.

Notrega

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
You pretty much just stated their intent....

1) Charge you more for in-store fulfillment. That costs them more to serve you than if you order via the web (associate payroll, commission, benefits, real estate costs for store, etc.) -AND-
2) Potentially net more in the way of accessory purchases since some people really can't do simple math and see Rebates as "free money" so they spend an extra $50 on a case, charger or whatnot.

Then, once they've gotten you into store and sold you the phone at the higher price with MIB:

1) Hope you'll totally forget to send in the rebate altogether (netting them an additional $50 in pure profit) -OR-
2) Hope you'll take advantage of it immediately, thereby locking you into the purchase/contract -OR-
3) Hope you'll take advantage of eventually, giving them at a minimum the float on your $50 loan

Either way you look at it, its diabolically shrewd marketing on their part. The house always wins.

The best way to do the rebate is to go online and pre-submit your rebate information. Cuts the time WAY down
https://www.yourwirelessrebatecenter.com/promocenter/verizonwireless/index.jsp

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I just hate MIR. I have been told my CSR that if you order online you can return your phone to a brick and mortar store and yet i have been refused before on a online order when trying to return it. Looking forward to my GN3 to arrive and now I actually do want the GG but missed out on the T-Mobile blunder Promo.