Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Google Maps 6

oyodnaH

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm currently using Galaxy Note 2 and I love it. I want to upgrade to Note 3 but there's one big issue for me: The new Google Maps.

I travel a lot and the Google Maps is my bible. I saved locations and rename them. The problem with Google Maps 7 is that those places do not retain the names that I assigned to My Places. And as far as I know, the default Google Maps in Note 3 is already Google Maps 7.

Is there anyway that I can downgrade the Google Maps back to version 6? I can easily find the apk for Google Maps 6 but I have heard differing replies whether it can actually be properly installed or not.

Thank you very much.

ogio

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
i travel a lot too, and hated the new maps when i had my note 2, so i downloaded the apk to put back the old maps.
anyways, i got the note 3, and i dont know if they updated maps again since my note 2 update, but now i actually dont mind the new maps. i actually like it now.
as far as saved locations, i've never renamed mine. but i see that you can rename them in your browser on your pc. www.google.com/bookmarks i tried renaming one, but the new name doesnt carry into maps on my phone. you could maybe use your browser to get your locations with the edited names, then click on the one you want, and it will pop up in maps.