Is NOTE III infrared sensor capable of learning IR codes from ir remite cintrols??

ozgurs

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I saw in an infrared remote control app's page in goolePlay that
" due to samsung hardware limitation, auto learning is not possible"

Is this true
and
what is the best app for conttolling tv/etc. with infrared remote sensor of note3?

Thanks with best wishes...

Note III / Tapatalk app

Beantown Bashers

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Watch on app is pre installed on note 3 and is the best universal remote I have ever had.

This app easily recognized and set up all my television's, dvds, audio equipment and cable boxes.

Try it out, I think you will like it.

Posted via Android Central App

ozgurs

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes i have tried the watchon app
But it does not work on all devices. So if there is a better app i would like yo learn.
Also if it is possible to copy learn ir from tv remote with note3, i would like to use this manual program option..

Note III / Tapatalk app

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It's true that due to a hardware limitation the device cannot 'learn' IR codes THROUGH the blaster (it's only an emitter, not a receiver). However, the phone does have an IR sensor on the front (it uses it to sense proximity), but any app developer would need to have access to this sensor and code the 'learning' sequence, and since this is not a sensor designed for such a thing, it might not be that easy to do. In any case, from the stock "WatchON" app or any remote control app out there you can't learn new IR codes from that blaster. There are some apps, though, that have a VERY vast number of devices already listed in their libraries (I've seen some that even list AC Remotes and light switches).

Also, there are apps that let you program your own sequences, so while the app itself might not be able to learn the code, you can program it yourself (getting which code to program in, now, that's a different story)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Can't really remember exactly, but I think the most complete one I saw was named something squid? I can't access Google Play here (blocked by Corporate) to try and search for it, but I remember searching "IR Remote Control" and a bunch of options came up.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
There is another recent thread in the main forum asking if anyone uses their lR much.

My small gripe at the time I first used it, was the instructions said to try these 30 odd codes and see which one turns on my 2011m.y. Panasonic (from standby).
I need to press my Panasonic remote more than a second, so some LED flashes with some codes but no go.

My brain must work slowly as it took me a few attempts over 4 days, before finally trying to turn OFF my TV, and hey presto the first code worked. (Also does my Panasonic BD/PVR)

The information said to email the tv model to the developer (Peel/Peer) if no joy. No replies to 2 requests.

Alls well. Extremely annoying though. Anyone else?

(I don?t use it at present. Like others said though, nice to know Watch On is there.)

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Robot Doktoru

May 21, 2014
Visit site
why smartphones not support IR learnig? it is need two way IR sensors (in-out Learnig-remote. not only remote)
SMARTphone but this is stupid special feature

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez