Which SD card is the best?

jrisch

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Don't know if it is the best but I'm getting good performance without overheating from a Samsung 64GB micro SD.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

hcane466

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I put the 16 gb card from my old DROID phone ...no problems..then transferred internal files from old phone to my computer and the back into Note 3....no problems

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I have the sandisk ultra 64gb. Had it in my S3 and worked great. If you go with sandisk, make sure its from a store. Don't want an older card that's been laying around from the problem batch.

Palm Treo line > BlackBerry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW the awesome & powerful Samsung Galaxy Note 3! 😆📱😆

Jeric Gorospe

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the sandisk ultra 64gb. Had it in my S3 and worked great. If you go with sandisk, make sure its from a store. Don't want an older card that's been laying around from the problem batch.

Palm Treo line > BlackBerry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW the awesome & powerful Samsung Galaxy Note 3! ������

I use sandisk

Sandisk Ultra or Sandisk Extreme?

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Difference between ultra and extreme is read/write speed. Extreme is faster and more expensive. For me, the ultra read/writes fast enough for me. :)

Palm Treo line > BlackBerry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW the awesome & powerful Samsung Galaxy Note 3! 😆📱😆

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Oh, also, both are class 10 which is what you want. :)

ancient1one

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Transcend class 10 is the fastest micro sd card I own. A lot faster than sandisk if speed matters.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

willanaya

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I think all are good however you have to watch out for the continuous reboot if you ever restart your phone with the card still in.

I have the Samsung 64gb and for a while never had a problem till one day it got stuck on the tmobile screen. Had to take the card out and put it back in after the phone restarted normally. Now it is just a crapshoot, sometimes no probs, sometimes probs.

Picked up two SanDisk 64gb cards that I plan to load with movies but only hope that I don't get stuck in those either.

Posted via Android Central App

Deaj

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I think all are good however you have to watch out for the continuous reboot if you ever restart your phone with the card still in.

I have the Samsung 64gb and for a while never had a problem till one day it got stuck on the tmobile screen. Had to take the card out and put it back in after the phone restarted normally. Now it is just a crapshoot, sometimes no probs, sometimes probs.

Picked up two SanDisk 64gb cards that I plan to load with movies but only hope that I don't get stuck in those either.

Posted via Android Central App

Go to Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi

Tap the Menu button and select Advanced.

You will almost certainly find 'Always Allow Scanning' is on (check mark present). Turn this function off (remove check mark) and the boot cycle issues will stop.

I ran into this issue not long after first installing a MicroSD card in my then new Note 3. It took a good bit of searching online to find the solution.

Hope this helps! :)

runamuck0870

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Go to Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi

Tap the Menu button and select Advanced.

You will almost certainly find 'Always Allow Scanning' is on (check mark present). Turn this function off (remove check mark) and the boot cycle issues will stop.

I ran into this issue not long after first installing a MicroSD card in my then new Note 3. It took a good bit of searching online to find the solution.

Hope this helps! :)

Mine has always been checked off. Still had bootloops. For me, it took a battery replacement to fix the boot looping. I don't think this voodoo trick works for everyone other than as a placebo effect.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I've had my Sandisk replaced once already and it's already starting to fail on me again. It was a 64GB Ultra (I use the past tense because I no longer use it in my phone). Even though the Ultra is their entry level card, I would wonder if their quality permeates to their higher end products.

Having said that, if you're going to shoot a lot of 4K video, you may want to just get the device with the fastest write speeds. Considering some cards used to have trouble writing just the lowest HD video (720p or 1280?720), 4K is 3840x2160, if you want to shoot 4K, you may just go ahead and go with the card that writes the fastest. Just make sure you do regular backups regardless of which sd card you go with.

So any SD card will not give slow navigation on my phone? It does matter on the ram right?

jggorospe GALAXY NOTE 3

Not exactly sure what you mean by "Navigation", but when my Sandisk gave me issues, it gave me issues across the board. They may work ok out of the box, but a few months later you may find yourself in the same boat as me. You should check Amazon reviews on the devices. If I remember correctly, a lot of people had problems with their Sandisk card.