Good day folks! A friend of mine just got her new Classic White Note 3 yesterday. 1st: May you please welcome her or even greet her haha 😊 thank you! 2nd: Last night, I told her that there is an update for the Note 3. Btw, her phone came from France and we are settled here in the Philippines. I just want to ask if there is a connection between our current location and the device where it came from? I mean will it only update if the phone is in France? 😟 Sorry if my question is vague. There is a note by the way: "Failed to update firmware. Try again using software (Kies) or visit a Samsung service center." We tried it but Kies told us that battery is low and battery percentage at that time was 43%. Help please. 😞 thank you!

Posted via Android Central App
    12-28-2013 09:21 PM
    Let the phone charge, reboot and try again. You will be fine. Bogus firmware is not pushed, no matter the location.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    12-28-2013 10:26 PM
    Good day folks! A friend of mine just got her new Classic White Note 3 yesterday. 1st: May you please welcome her or even greet her haha �� thank you! 2nd: Last night, I told her that there is an update for the Note 3. Btw, her phone came from France and we are settled here in the Philippines. I just want to ask if there is a connection between our current location and the device where it came from? I mean will it only update if the phone is in France? �� Sorry if my question is vague. There is a note by the way: "Failed to update firmware. Try again using software (Kies) or visit a Samsung service center." We tried it but Kies told us that battery is low and battery percentage at that time was 43%. Help please. �� thank you!

Posted via Android Central App
    Your phone has to be charged 50% or more for you to receive OTA updates and/or using kies to update. It's a Sammy thing and is normal. Just charge it to above 50% and your good to go.
    12-29-2013 06:22 AM