Thinking of switching to Note 3

Gavin S.

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I tried the iPhone 5s before I bought the note 3. While I love the aesthetics of the iphone I really didn't like the size of the screen. Too small for these old eyes. Hated the keyboard, too. I love the N3. It's just swell.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The Note 3 is a truly high-end device. It just does everything. The 5s is nice but the Note 3 just seems like the better phone in most ways.

Note 3

sam kim2

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I switched from an old iphone 4. The little annoyances and frustrations in using the Note 3 drive me up the wall. So many little things that seem not to have been tested or optimized for real life use. Contrast that with iOS where you're constantly amazed a little bit at the attention to detail and the sense that the designer was 10 steps ahead of you. I like widgets though.

Solrighal

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I've switched from 4S. The iPhone is a better phone if a phone is all you need. However the Note 3 is like a PC in your pocket. I have no regrets.

Sent from my SM-N9005

Graphixx30

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I switched from an old iphone 4. The little annoyances and frustrations in using the Note 3 drive me up the wall. So many little things that seem not to have been tested or optimized for real life use. Contrast that with iOS where you're constantly amazed a little bit at the attention to detail and the sense that the designer was 10 steps ahead of you. I like widgets though.

I would love to hear some of the things that annoy and frustrate you about the Note 3. I haven't come across 1 thing that hasn't been optimized or tested for real life use.
I've just recently switched from an iPhone 5S and the Note 3 just amazes me more and more each day.

svtalex

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I just switched from the S4 had for like 7 months to the note 3. And I love it. Anytime I hold anybody's iPhone it feels like a kids toy in my hand!!

Posted via Android Central App

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I would love to hear some of the things that annoy and frustrate you about the Note 3. I haven't come across 1 thing that hasn't been optimized or tested for real life use.
I've just recently switched from an iPhone 5S and the Note 3 just amazes me more and more each day.

THIS!

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Have both iphone5s and note 3
Camera- iphone5s better both still and video
Apps- iphone better....I checked same apps on both note3 and iphone...looks feels and runs lot better on iphone...
Keyboard - iphone better
Looks- iphone 5s better feels premium
Stability - iphone5s in software
Call quality - iphone 5s

Screen - tie if u like amoled then note if natural then iphone...I like both lol
Size - note3 much more usable and fun to use...multi window very useful
Speaker - note3
Battery - note3

If you will use iphone you will be satisfied that you are using the best device...only have to compromise with the size...as I have both my first phone is iphone5s because of compact size....can use it easily with one hand....but 2 hands are req for note 3
But in note 3 there are many areas where you think it could have been better....
I have sony z ultra also...which is lot better then note3...
Z ultra is more stable better looking better ui....
But bigger so note3 fits in my pockets...
If you want android(which I think is still not mature like ios) then go for note3/z ultra both are the best android no doubt
If you want ios then iphone5s

And as you use mac and ipad also...
Yo use iphone will be a lot easier...
All your pics and files will be everywhere...

Sent from my SM-N900 using AC Forums mobile app

superairwolf

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I too migrated some 15 months ago from iOS to Android. Had the S3, then Note 2, then the S4 8 months ago.

The transition was not really that difficult. The bigger adjustment (a pleasant one for me) is with the bigger screen with all these Galaxy phones. But once you go with bigger, there is just no turning back.

I used to pan Samsung smartphones until the S3 came out. After that as my first Galaxy phone, there was no going back.
The only bad experience so far for me was that Note 2 which got plagued by the random reboot phenomenon, that's why I moved on to the S4 when it came out.

The S4 was just pure bliss coming from the problematic Note 2. And that Note 2 was a heavy phone. I disdained every time I had to bring it out of my murse. That's why I stuck with the S4 for eight months. 5 inches was just enough and it could fit most of my pairs of pants.

When the Note 3 came out, I was really tempted to switch to it but my bad memories of the Note 2, particularly it's heft and especially its weight, made me reconsider.

After frequenting this Note 3 forum for the past week, I took the jump and moved forward with the Note 3.

Boy, it's just the superior phone. The 5.7 screen is just awesome. Made me leave the iPad Air at home. Battery life is superior to the S4's. The pleasant surprise for me was the weight of the Note 3. Staggeringly lighter than the Note 2. The Note 3 still spends most of the time in my murse when I'm outside the house or office, but I alleviated that setback with the Qualcomm Toq smart watch. Now, I don't have to bring out the Note 3 every time a notification arrives.

Note 3 is the bomb and my next phone is most likely going to be the Note 4.

Unless Apple comes out with a 5.5 to 6 inch phone that has expandable memory and replaceable battery, which is a long shot.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Kettle

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Boy, it's just the superior phone. The 5.7 screen is just awesome. Made me leave the iPad Air at home.

I bought my Note 3 about 3 weeks ago and love it. I find that I rarely use my iPad anymore.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

superairwolf

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I bought my Note 3 about 3 weeks ago and love it. I find that I rarely use my iPad anymore.

Man, I'm just on my second day with the Note 3, and I can see this beast eventually relegating my one week old iPad Air to the coffee table at home.

I can see myself probably keeping this phablet for at least a year, or until the the Note 4 comes out later this year.

For a full size to tablet, the iPad Air is king. Unfortunately, full size tablets tend to stay in the house or the office. But for a phone that goes everywhere with you, the Note 3 is the ultimate.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The Note 3 is a great piece of kit. Little issues like the home button being a little loose/un-straight don't make it less of great phablet. The stock keyboard on the Note 3 is to be loved indeed. It'll be neat to see how Sammy succeeds it this year with the Note 4.

Sent from one of my phones

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I came from the iPhone 3, 4, and 5 and iPad 1, 2, and 3. :) I currently have the MacBook retina.
I'm glad I made the switch. I enjoy this phone very much. However, there are some things I miss about the iPhone. The app store and how you go into every store you see accessories for Apple stuff. My husband has the iPhone 5 and every time I use it, I have to squint. Lol
I love that my phone is like a tablet. No more iPad for me. Just carrying the phone is enough. The battery life is awesome! And if you need more battery life, buy a spare one and keep it with you!

Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
The Note 3 is a great piece of kit. Little issues like the home button being a little loose/un-straight don't make it less of great phablet. The stock keyboard on the Note 3 is to be loved indeed. It'll be neat to see how Sammy succeeds it this year with the Note 4.

On my 3rd note 3. I have had the proximity sensor issues. My first two note 3s were new. This third is a refurb. All my home buttons had some wiggle. The build and cheap plastic is a Samsung thing that has not bothered me. I am not as thrilled with this phone as I once was. I am a little Jaded about having a phone that I had once considered to be the best device to "it has been more of a hassle" I am not investing anymore time it this third note as I almost expect it to fail. I would probably take a 5s at this point.

superairwolf

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site

Two days into the Note 3. Glad to say I don't have this home button issue. Everything's tight and right:)

superairwolf

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I came from the iPhone 3, 4, and 5 and iPad 1, 2, and 3. :) I currently have the MacBook retina.
I'm glad I made the switch. I enjoy this phone very much. However, there are some things I miss about the iPhone. The app store and how you go into every store you see accessories for Apple stuff. My husband has the iPhone 5 and every time I use it, I have to squint. Lol
I love that my phone is like a tablet. No more iPad for me. Just carrying the phone is enough. The battery life is awesome! And if you need more battery life, buy a spare one and keep it with you!

Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk

Had the S4 for eights months since it came out. Had the Note 2 and the S3 before that. The Note 3 is the bomb!

Just two days in the Note 3 and I can see myself spending at least a year with this beast. Where I live, there are already many accessories for the Note 3. I'm sure you'll be seeing more as the weeks pass by as it appears the phone is selling very well.

I also ended up spending less and less time with my week old iPad Air. I don't think I would have purchased the iPad Air had I bought this Note 3 first.