Note 3 battery life.

superairwolf

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
When I first got my Note3, I was thoroughly unimpressed with the battery life as well. It took a couple of weeks for the battery to "settle in" and not I get much better performance - so much so that the spare battery I bought after the first week of use has yet to touch the phone. Give it a week or two of regular charge cycles and see if it doesn't improve, I'd say.

True. I got my note 3 this week and also got an extra battery kit. I immediately used both batteries. Both came with an initial charge of 70+%. Use during the first cycle was unimpressive. But after a couple recharges, both batteries give stellar longevity, way better than my experience with my S4's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Is this serious? That's very good battery life.. On average I get 4-5 hours screen time and 1 day total battery life

I always carry a spare battery with my battery kit so battery life doesn't matter too much. Even got a 3rd battery

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
A little over 7 hours of screen on time.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1390590988913.jpg
    1390590988913.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 1390590998360.jpg
    1390590998360.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 25

MedlongOne

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I bought mine last Friday. After a couple days I noticed that I was getting about 8-10 hours on a charge with decent use.I did all the battery saving tricks too. Two days ago I noticed that Google Search was taking up about half the battery. I restarted the phone and turned off Google Now. I got down to 40% after 18 hours. Amazing. I think Google Now was a big part of the problem.

ballisticn8

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
What you also have to keep in mind is that the phone shuts down some of its processing cores when the screen is off and its not doing anything. As soon as you turn the screen on its ramping everything right back up expecting you to be using it. My GSAM battery results tell me that I get 15 hours and 59 minutes of battery life. This is with 4g on the entire time, GPS on the entire time, bluetooth on in the car, waze running while I'm driving, podcasts playing, and screen on use is about 4.5 hours. No powersaving mode, no wifi, etc. On a day of light usage (weekends) I can get to 18 hours unplugged and still have 50-60% battery remaining.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
6 hours of screen time is good..

Regardless if you use it for texting only.. A screen on is a screen on..

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Unicorn11B

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
When I'm at work I get much less than that because of a weak signal, barely 4G, no LTE and it often drops to EDGE. Right now I'm at 4hr 18min on battery 2ith just 30 min of screen on. I'm assuming the weak signal is the reason for my short battery life. When I'm just about anyplace else I get much better life. I can get a bit over 5 hours of screen on time normally. Even better when I'm on wi-fi, but unless/until there's a fix for the slow speed and dropped calls over wi-fi I'm kinda stuck on mobile data.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi, i just bought my note 3 last sunday. I think that my battery drains fast because I only use it for texting and looking at the time. I also use chrome a little but it is very minimal.

I got 18 hours of battery from 100% to 0%. And about 6 hours of screen time. Considering how I use my phone it drains fast. I turned everything off like gestures, airview, motion gps, bluetooth etc. It was also on power saving mode the whole time. Please help me what should I do. The brightness is also the lowest option. I followed all the battery saving tips but I still get saMe battery life.

One of the reasons I picked the Note 3, was because of the REPLACEABLE BATTERY. I do a lot of Netflix Movies, and watching sports on ESPN.. Very seldom I have to recharge my Note 3, because I am packing spare batteries, and only 10 seconds away from another full 100%. They last just as long as the stock battery. I think they are missing the NFC att.

I used these, they are inexpensive and they work. The charger that comes with it charges the stock battery too.

These were $17 when I got mine. The word is out on how good they are, the price has risen.. Still at good deal at $25
Amazon.com: Caseology 2 X 3200 mAh Li-ion Replacement Battery for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with Travel Wall Charger with USB Port (Non-NFC) [18-Month Warranty]: Cell Phones & Accessories

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
My phone, I mean iPhone used to always die on me when I would be out. I would only get 3-4 hours on those phone... I do a lot of facebook, browsing, emails and texts.

Now I can get about 6-7 hours and don't have to worry about battery life. My phone could easily last me through the day without it dying.
I got a spare battery. It's small and flat.
Put it in your pocket or purse and you're good! I find that I rarely have to use my spare but just in case. ;)
It's much better than waiting for your phone to charge.

Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk

steve short

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I get just over 6 hours onscreen time. I clear cache and memory every few hour's, have screen set to turn off after 15 seconds and brightness set to about 40% if it was on auto my brightness would be -3. Longest I've gone without charge and very light use is 58 hours. Shortest drain was 100% to zero in 3 hours with my kids playing modern combat 4 continuously.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty