Slow Charging Note 3

ChrisP1234

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
A couple of days ago I noticed my Note 3 hadn't charged as expected. I monitored this last night to find it was charging up but very slowly. Put it on with about 15% and it took about 5-6 hours to reach full charge. I'm using the USB3 wall charger it was supplied with and I've not had an issue with this until now.
Has anyone else had an issue like this or can anyone offer a solution before I have to book it in for repair?

Thanks
Chris

Posted via Android Central App

ChrisP1234

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
No not at all. I wondered if the lead was faulty meaning it was only charging though the micro usb and not that extra bit alongside. That said it's not left my bedside table so I thought it unlikely it would just break.

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
USB 3 and USB 2 cables charge the same way. It has nothing to do with the extra cable, but it could be two other things: cable gone bad, charger gone bad.

I would 1st reboot with a battery remove / reinsert 1st. If that doesn't work, try another cable (USB 2), and then another charger (at least 2.1 amps) if the two other solutions fail

USB 3 and USB 2 wall chargers will both charge your phone at the exact same speed, if both chargers are a minimum of 2.1 amp capacity.

USB 3 cables allow higher data transfer speeds and higher charge rates (900ma) while plugged into a USB 3 computer port, but there's no impact using the a USB AC/ DC charger with a USB 3 cable. In fact, there's no such thing as a USB 3 charger, just cable and PC port.

ChrisP1234

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your help. Took the lot to the carphone warehouse and the guy there found some green stuff on the leads contact which indicates a short apparently. New lead ordered.

ChrisP1234

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Look in both ends of the lead and see if there's any green residue. Apparently it's a sign of a short. Mines been fine ever since getting a new charger. Should be able to get one on warranty.

certifiedmoron

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi Omar El-Kateb, I have been facing the same issue for past couple of days. it requires almost an hour to charge merely 1-2%. Did changing the leads or the charger worked out for you??
Moreover, after thorough checking i still cudnt find anything in the charging jack or on the leads

Joebowler300

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Green is a sign of corrosion (i.e. your charger got wet). If you are looking for extra cables, the "Amazon Basics" brand is very good. they come in all sorts of lengths too (be forewarned, and I speak from experience, 9 feet is longer than you think :)

green3003

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
u didnt explained have u cleaned green stuff on phone charging port or u changed charging cable or charger ??

can u pls explain in detail shocking to see so many user of such popular brand having this damn issue and Samsung is doing nothing but increasing prices for its product every year with much more issues.

jsreen

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I have had the same issue with my note 3 the past 2-3 months. I clean the end of the cable about every 2 weeks now with a product called Caig Labs Deoxit. One of these days I'll just go out and get a new cable but this takes all of 60 seconds and has been working. I believe the poster who saw the "green" inside the cable just ended up replacing the whole thing.

Posted via the Android Central App

TheRedViper

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
I recently started noticing when I plugged my Note 3 in, that the battery wasn't even increasing, or decreasing while charging. I thought it was the battery first but I had a second battery (helps a lot) and noticed it did the same. I recently read online that often its the charging cord that does this, not the battery. I found small green dots at the charging end of the USB 3 cord which means the cord has a short of some sort. This can happen on both ends of the cord. I replaced my cord and things have been working better. So change to a newer cord.