Rooting? Cyanagenmod? Rooted Apps?

AlfBriggs

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi I've been thinking about rooting my Note3 I'm pretty tech savvy however Android is a new platform for me I've only used BB10 and iOS in the past, but I've heard rooting makes your android phone more unbelievable than it already is and my Note3 is amazing honestly but I don't like to miss out on thing like this, I used to regularly install BB10 leaks and although it's simple jailbroken my iPad. But before I root I have a few questions I know it voids the warranty however say if I had it rooted smashed it and then reset it back to normal would my warranty be reinstated also I can't get KitKat as I have the Neo and it's coming in a few weeks so could i make it run KitKat or even better could I make my Note3 Google Play Edition?

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi I've been thinking about rooting my Note3 I'm pretty tech savvy however Android is a new platform for me I've only used BB10 and iOS in the past, but I've heard rooting makes your android phone more unbelievable than it already is and my Note3 is amazing honestly but I don't like to miss out on thing like this, I used to regularly install BB10 leaks and although it's simple jailbroken my iPad. But before I root I have a few questions I know it voids the warranty however say if I had it rooted smashed it and then reset it back to normal would my warranty be reinstated also I can't get KitKat as I have the Neo and it's coming in a few weeks so could i make it run KitKat or even better could I make my Note3 Google Play Edition?

Posted via Android Central App

Hard to say about your first question. You would more likely be filing a claim, in which they will probably process it an not worry about the OS. If you filed a claim about the OS running that may be another story. The OS warranty is through Samsung anyway.

As for the Google Play edition...who is your carrier? If you want a Nexus like OS you can easily flash almost any other AOSP ROM and get the same feel. If you are able to flash the GPe ROM, you would still be responsible for updating it anyway (as I understand it).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty