Verizon Messages or Textra SMS - which is better replacement for stock SMS (Verizon) ?

KeenAndroid3

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Verizon Messages or Textra SMS - which is better replacement for stock SMS (Verizon) ?

I'm wondering how the features compare on these two top rated stock sms replacements for the Samsung Note 3.

KeenAndroid3

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
After posting this, I see that Verizon Messages in the play store is 40 mb in size, and there are numerous complaints about mssgs not sent, dbl mssgs sent'/rec'd, etc, etc. It seems that the latest update from verizon/samsung adds some features to the existing stock sms, and maybe it's not worth looking at replacement apps now. I don't know.

jeepmanjr

May 2, 2014
Visit site

I'm wondering how the features compare on these two top rated stock sms replacements for the Samsung Note 3.

I tried Verizon's offering, I wasn't too awfully impressed. Besides, I already pay Verizon too much as it is. I use the stock app. Free is your friend.

KeenAndroid3

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Verizon Messages is free app but with it's size (40 mb) and errors, I will take a pass for now. Stock sms with it's latest updates isn't too bad. I just wish the 'scheduled messages' feature wasn't disabled by Verizon.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I use Verizon messages and it works great with no problems whatsoever!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

KeenAndroid3

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
As a follow up: I have downloaded & installed Verizon Messages+ and found that it also has message popup and quick reply (also over lock screen). It also seems to have more features than Textra (though i have not tested Textra yet). So far i am happy with my choice.

revansCAAD8

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm my Textra doesn't show msg's on my lock screen. Wish it did. Maybe a setting somewhere?

Posted via my Galaxy Note3 on the Android Central App

Last edited:

KeenAndroid3

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Sorry I have not used textra....but I can confirm that Verizon Messages+ in the play store does have a mssg pop up over lock screen, I used it every day. So far no complaints about Verizon Mssages on my Note 3. I love being able to reply to mssgs on my tablet or desktop, also. I didn't think it would be as helpful as it turns out to be. Very nice app so far.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Can a anyone else with a Note3 and Textra confirm?

Posted via my Galaxy Note3 on the Android Central App

I'm using both and I can't get it to show up on my lock screen. I've tried it on stock lock screen and widget locker. The only thing I could get it to do is light the screen up, but it still just showed the lock screen with message icon in notification bar. With widget locker you can have the settings set that you can bring the drop bar down for notification and then tap the message and it will open the message up while lock screen, and I think it leaves in lock screen mode after reading message or replying.

I for one don't want it to pop up on my lock screen, if it's in my pocket the screen touching my pants/shirt opens the message, closes it out, and all kinds of weird things, if you don't hear the message go off, there's a chance you don't see you got a new message.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I have not used textra....but I can confirm that Verizon Messages+ in the play store does have a mssg pop up over lock screen, I used it every day. So far no complaints about Verizon Mssages on my Note 3. I love being able to reply to mssgs on my tablet or desktop, also. I didn't think it would be as helpful as it turns out to be. Very nice app so far.

I completely agree with you. I love Verizon Messaging+ application! The 2-way sync, customization and speedy, efficient way of sending out pictures, videos and group chats make it very worth it over Textra! I know that a lot of people love Textra, and it's a an OK texting application, but for me, Textra either took way too long, or failed to send out a bunch of pictures and videos at once where VZW Messaging didn't hiccup even once! I did fine tune all of the MMS Settings in Textra, but unfortunately nothing helped.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38