Note 3 battery drains really quickly

jr92897

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
My phone is about 8 months old and for the last 3 months I've had endless battery problems. It started when (over a two week course) the battery slowly got worse and worse until it wouldn't last any longer than 12 hours on a full charge (and that's with power saving mode).

I bought a new battery, a genuine samsung battery and it was even worse than the old one, it never lasted more than 10 hours at a push. I then bought a non-genuine 4200mAh which lasted about 12 hours, for a week and then it expanded until the battery cover unclipped and the battery no longer fit in the phone.
So I bought another battery, a genuine one, and yet again it lasted no more than 12 hours. Just over a week later the battery started leaking! Now I'm on the 5th battery (genuine) and this one has never lasted any more than 3 hours on power saving mode.

It's got to the point where there is absolutely no point of buying a new battery, and I can't take my phone anywhere as it'll die before I get to the door.

I bought it new online and online sellers are never helpful when it comes down to warranty.

What could the problem be? I mean all I can think of that it could be, is the phone.
Thanks 😑

Posted via Android Central App

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
My phone is about 8 months old and for the last 3 months I've had endless battery problems. It started when (over a two week course) the battery slowly got worse and worse until it wouldn't last any longer than 12 hours on a full charge (and that's with power saving mode).

I bought a new battery, a genuine samsung battery and it was even worse than the old one, it never lasted more than 10 hours at a push. I then bought a non-genuine 4200mAh which lasted about 12 hours, for a week and then it expanded until the battery cover unclipped and the battery no longer fit in the phone.
So I bought another battery, a genuine one, and yet again it lasted no more than 12 hours. Just over a week later the battery started leaking! Now I'm on the 5th battery (genuine) and this one has never lasted any more than 3 hours on power saving mode.

It's got to the point where there is absolutely no point of buying a new battery, and I can't take my phone anywhere as it'll die before I get to the door.

I bought it new online and online sellers are never helpful when it comes down to warranty.

What could the problem be? I mean all I can think of that it could be, is the phone.
Thanks ??????

Sounds like a bad voltage regulator. And/or firmware problems caused by an OS update. Have you done a factory reset to check this?

Greg Wilkins

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Was browsing yesterday about why I had power on lag, like 5 seconds, anyways, someone suggested pulling the SD card and try, well I ripped that baby out and the lag is gone and today I've gone 13+ hours and I have 72 percent battery! Wtf ! Not sure why this worked but I'm extremely happy! Give it a try

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Was browsing yesterday about why I had power on lag, like 5 seconds, anyways, someone suggested pulling the SD card and try, well I ripped that baby out and the lag is gone and today I've gone 13+ hours and I have 72 percent battery! Wtf ! Not sure why this worked but I'm extremely happy! Give it a try

Bad piece of junk SD card basically. Either get like a Genuine Samsung or a Sandisk PRO if you want fast and reliable. Or what was in there?

Here you go

So I assume that was with less than an hour of screen time.

Greg Wilkins

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Bad piece of junk SD card basically. Either get like a Genuine Samsung or a Sandisk PRO if you want fast and reliable. Or what was in there?

So I assume that was with less than an hour of screen time.

It was a Samsung 8gb card, not a lot of screen time which is the norm for me, I drive a lot as I am a plumber, so usually I drain quickly from what I thought was network switching, so I've factory reset before trying to fix that, this time I removed the card and bam, it worked! Today I've had more screen time and I'm at 73 percent at around 12 hours! Maybe you can try and see if it works for you that way I'll know it isn't me! Lol

shortwave8669

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site

Sounds like an indexing issue related to files on SD card.

Some users (who move many files on/off the phone) find using Samsung Kies rather than just drag/droping them helps...if that is the cause of your problem.

Greg Wilkins

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like an indexing issue related to files on SD card.

Some users (who move many files on/off the phone) find using Samsung Kies rather than just drag/droping them helps...if that is the cause of your problem.

I have no files on my SD, everything is on phone and its always been that way, that's why I was dumbfounded, I'm just happy as a clam now

Parda Cyan

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
i had the same problem, when I Bought a 32gb kingston card, class 10, it drained the battery. removing "resolved" the battery issue BUT..
does anybody have a solution for the problem, or is my card useless now..??
should I take it up with warranty.. the phone's or the card's?