How to retrieve playlists from dead screened note 3?

bable

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
So I broke my note 3 screen and would very much like to pull the playlists off. It's around 3 dozen lists that curates my 50 gb library so rebuilding them would be a bit of a task. It's a happy rooted tmobile lady note 3 running jedi, powers on, connects to pc, beeps, vibrates, just the screen and digitizer are dead and can't be replaced until I'm richer. Used stock music app, music on sd card.

USB debugging should be on but jedi had been stable for months and I've been too busy to do a lot of tweaking, does it turn off if unused? Should be on...

Unauthorized in adb

rejected in screen AT android

Are the above dilemmas signs that debugging isn't enabled?

Owner of loaner phone doesn't want loaner rooted, no Titanium

Kies doesn't grab playlists for me, I love that it does for others but I've tried every possible sd card location and even backing all the music up too.

Playlist folder just has 0b .pla files, so taunting!

I realize that I might have to do this...
Restore random phone from my titanium media backup
Back up random using non-root app
Restore new loaner phone from that backup

But that involves putting pants on and making eye contact to get access to a random rooted phone, any ideas that I can try from my tush?

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Playlist folder just has 0b .pla files, so taunting!
Looks like the playlists are gone. Or is that the loaner phone?

Helium doesn't need root - if the phone's not rooted, it gives you a link to a Windows file you have to put on the computer, then plug the phone into the computer, so that Helium gets permission to run from the file. Save to the external SD. (The file to back up is named carbon, the old name of the app.)

However ... if the playlists are in a database (some apps do that), you'll have to figure out which one it is (a SQLite viewer or editor will help) and copy that file.

(The shop method, unless you've gotten friendly with a repair shop owner, would cost you - plugging a working screen into your phone so you can copy the playlists to the SD card.)