Delay before internet access (across multiple apps)

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
And most recently, I pressed an icon on goLauncher and there was a 2 or 3 second delay before it started.

I cleared cache for my accuweather, facebook, opera browser but now it seems like the overall performance of my note 3 is suffering.

I have 17 gigs free storage.

It feels systemic. Until the delay launching an app I really thought it simply was taking too long to make any internet connected request, but now I'm not sure.

What can I do short of wiping the whole phone?

Isn't there some clear cache at the system level when you boot into a special mode or something?

Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
From power off, volume up+home+power (in that order and keep them all pressed). Wait until you see the blue text in the upper-left corner. There's a Wipe System Cache item. Use the volume keys to move up and down. (DO NOT choose factory reset - that'll delete all your data, downloaded apps, etc.) When you're on wipe system cache, press the power button. Then restart the phone (the highlight should be on that line already - just tap the power button).

Once back in the phone, pull the notification bar down and tap the gear (that's Settings). Go to General/Storage/Cache. Wipe the app cache.

If the phone doesn't start getting snappier, something else is wrong. But try it on apps that don't access the internet so you know if it's an "apps don't start fast" problem or an "apps don't connect to the internet fast" problem.

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Super clear instructions! Thank you! (I vaguely knew about booting and wiping, but I had no idea you could easily wipe the 1.8 gigs of cache for all apps in general). I will let you know how it goes!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer