How to Get Files off Phone with Dead Screen?

A

AC Question

Hi,
I have a Note 3 that I would like to retrieve some pictures and also wipe it clean before I send it back for a replacement. It currently is functioning…I can hear it boot, my alarm went off this morning; however the screen is completely black and green and I don’t think the touch screen is working at all. I have tried to hook to the computer and press my passcode into the screen blindly, but it didn’t seem to do much. Have taken out battery and tried to reboot to no success.

I am not sure if I have the USB debugging enabled on my phone or not, but thought I would try option 2.

1). I downloaded the SDK and the Samsung drivers then tried the following:

2). I did a search on my C drive and found the following adb.exe under the following:

C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\platform-tools

When I click or try to run the EXE file nothing happens? Why?

3). I tried to go to straight to the command prompt and get the following messages:

C:\Users\me\>cd C:/android/platform-tools
The system cannot find the path specified

4). Connected the computer to phone and on command prompt typed:
C:\Users\me>adb devices
“adb” is not recognized as an internal or external comman, operable program or batch file.

What will the prompt say if your phone does not allow USB debugging? Just to know if I am wasting my time with option 2. If so I might go ahead and order the 5 in 1 cord.

Thank you for your help.