1413055327435.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 121
  • 1413055340115.jpg
    1413055340115.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 120

fulleraj

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Went ahead and ordered the spigen as a temporary case......both otterbox and UAG are dragging their feet on release dates. Arghhhh.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Went ahead and ordered the spigen as a temporary case......both otterbox and UAG are dragging their feet on release dates. Arghhhh.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
What I did. I'm waiting more for zerolemon.

But read a new report that even though note 4. Battery is 3220 mah vs note 3's 3200, note 4 is getting considerable better battery life in tests. Almost 9 hours on screen time vs about 6 hrs for note 3

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
What I did. I'm waiting more for zerolemon.

But read a new report that even though note 4. Battery is 3220 mah vs note 3's 3200, note 4 is getting considerable better battery life in tests. Almost 9 hours on screen time vs about 6 hrs for note 3

There is no way the Note 4 will ever get 9 hours of display time unless the display is set to its lowest setting. If I recall correctly they said the Note 4 is 7% more efficient than the Note 3 which will help the new display stay around the same numbers as the Note 3 battery usage wise. You're not going to get Motorola Droid Maxx type numbers on a Samsung device with Touchwiz. Even then, Motorola couldn't hit those numbers.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
There is no way the Note 4 will ever get 9 hours of display time unless the display is set to its lowest setting. If I recall correctly they said the Note 4 is 7% more efficient than the Note 3 which will help the new display stay around the same numbers as the Note 3 battery usage wise. You're not going to get Motorola Droid Maxx type numbers on a Samsung device with Touchwiz. Even then, Motorola couldn't hit those numbers.

Damn dude seem a little pissed off. But I'm just saying what I read

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Surp...becomes-the-longest-lasting-QHD-phone_id61586

Do a google search and you'll find a ton of battery comparisons showing same thing. And the test variables are equal, so all the smartphones are at the same brightness for the testing...

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi
Damn dude seem a little pissed off. But I'm just saying what I read

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Surp...becomes-the-longest-lasting-QHD-phone_id61586

Do a google search and you'll find a ton of battery comparisons showing same thing. And the test variables are equal, so all the smartphones are at the same brightness for the testing...

I'm not angry at all. I'm just stating why there's no way those tests can be accurate. I always welcome your type if posts because they're informative. All I was doing was adding on to your post. :)

I certainly hope those tests translate to real world usage. I'd buy a Note 4 in a heart beat. They have the S5 at 7 hours 38 minutes which is no where near what I get. I can manage 5 hours at most on LTE or WiFi with automatic brightness. Not sure what their brightness is but one thing for sure is that it improved over the Note 3 which is good enough.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I'm not angry at all. I'm just stating why there's no way those tests can be accurate. I always welcome your type if posts because they're informative. All I was doing was adding on to your post. :)

I certainly hope those tests translate to real world usage. I'd buy a Note 4 in a heart beat. They have the S5 at 7 hours 38 minutes which is no where near what I get. I can manage 5 hours at most on LTE or WiFi with automatic brightness. Not sure what their brightness is but one thing for sure is that it improved over the Note 3 which is good enough.

Ok sorry. Been a long day at work. No hard feelings!

But I think articles I read points to either better processor or better Touchwiz utilization of the battery. I mean, you'd think with the QHD screen it'd suck battery like crazy.

On my Note 3. I can get about 6.5 on screen hours with auto brightness set. And that's with moderate use.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok sorry. Been a long day at work. No hard feelings!

But I think articles I read points to either better processor or better Touchwiz utilization of the battery. I mean, you'd think with the QHD screen it'd suck battery like crazy.

On my Note 3. I can get about 6.5 on screen hours with auto brightness set. And that's with moderate use.

I think it depends on what I do compared to them. All my usage is calls, texts, streaming music and a lot of web browsing. The latter is the killer.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Decided to try the spigen ultra hybrid case
bymepa5a.jpg

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Ordered this today. Love the one I have for my G3. Crystal clear to show off the phone. Not the case.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 14624.jpg
    14624.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 370

AlusionL

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

The Note 4 will get more than 9 hours dude lol.

GSM Arena even says they got over 11 hours, web browsing and videos.

muadib279

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The Note 4 will get more than 9 hours dude lol.

GSM Arena even says they got over 11 hours, web browsing and videos.

Which one is it? 11 hours doing videos or 11 hours surfing? If it's both together, then the stat is meaningless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty