Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Spigen UC Cases

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Spigen UC Cases

I really don't think it's the metal ok I have on an outterbox case and took the case off many of times and not one scratch. IMO it's the cheap case that some people buy

Spigen isn't a cheap case manufacturer though. The issue is more than likely case related but that doesnt mean its cheap quality. Just a design flaw for this specific device.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

rgriffin25

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

Day 9 in my neo hybrid and my phone is still in mint condition with no scratches. I have had this problem in the past using the Samsung case for the Note 2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

If you're forcing the phone in the cases at one time instead of separating the rubber piece and the bumper. Then it is your fault that yours is scatched. If you put the phone in the rubber piece 1st then the bumper then you will not scratch it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

If you're forcing the phone in the cases at one time instead of separating the rubber piece and the bumper. Then it is your fault that yours is scatched. If you put the phone in the rubber piece 1st then the bumper the you will not scratch it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Wait, I thought the UC doesn't have two pieces. It's just a tpu case, right? Or am I thinking of a different one?

jec1521

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

Is the ultra hybrid having the same issues as the ultra capsule? It looks like the same cade just with a clear plastic back.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

Wait, I thought the UC doesn't have two pieces. It's just a tpu case, right? Or am I thinking of a different one?
I am talking to those who claim they scratch the Aluminum with the Neo Hybrid case, those that have a 2 piece case and scratched it. Again Aluminum is a soft metal.can scratch very easy.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Neo hybrid is extremely hard to put band around the tpu once it's on the phone

Posted via the Android Central App

Always has been. I never figured out how to do it without feeling like it was going to break on any device. One recommendation is to out it on as a single piece case and don't pull it apart. I don't see how this would cause scratching anyways since only the TPU should touch.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

DL1991

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site

Please post how things go with your case. That is the exact one I purchased but I don't have my phone yet. (Spigen clear ultra hybrid)

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

sidearm

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site

I have the clear ultra hybrid and have taken it off and put it back on my N4 at least 20 times now with ZERO scratches so far. Regardless, when I saw this thread I went out and got an Otterbox Defender and know my phone is protected now.

lv2bsilly

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I have the clear one - and it seems ok so far - but have only been using it for a day.
Thanks for the heads up - might switch to something else.

[url]https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5602/15433459839_c4cdfc7dc4.jpg[/url]spigen clear case for Samsung note 4 by six7777, on Flickr

Which carrier r u on? I have a similar case from Rinkon but on mine the mic holes in the bottom don't like up. One is covered by this case (I didn't realize it wasn't compatible w/a Verizon N4 until later).

Posted via the Android Central App

zen0s

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site

I didn't even know there was discussion on this topic outside of Amazon... in the image OP posted that is my poor Note 4 after using Spigen's UC case. I'm still pissed off about it. I baby my phone and I cleaned my phone daily using can of compressed air to avoid any dusts, in that process I took the case off several times not realizing what it was really doing to my phone :'( It totally back fired on me... I have always kept all my devices in pristine condition for future resale value but not this time. I'm just so glad it's somewhere I can't really see with the case on or else my OCD will eat me alive!

I'm really hoping sooner or later, ebay will have oem mid-frame for sale :/

Fillyo

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

Guys, its the polycarbonate cases causing the scratches, since they are a hard plastic and fit tightly, such as the Spigen Perfect fit. The inserts on the Neohybrid (which I have), or the Slim Armor, have a TPU insert, which is a much softer plastic, and does not scratch. I had the Spigen Ultrafit slim, which is polycarbonate, on my S5, and it did scratch the faux metal over time. I love the Perfect fit case and want one, but I don't want scratches. I am going naked when I can, then use the Neohybrid when out and about. I really wish diztronic would make a slim tpu case for the Note 4.

Fillyo

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

I take off the frame and TPU as one unit, just man handle it a little, it shouldn't break, I've take it off atleast 10 times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa