Anyone Get The Samsung Gear VR Yet

harryhoudini66

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I ordered one and expect it to arrive tomorrow. I saw a couple reviews online as well as Youtube. Anyone else plan on getting it? From what I read, it is very cool. I also ordered Google Cardboard to see how that compares.

Ever since the Oculus Rift was announcement, I have been so excited.

JCatNY

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Got mine yesterday. As a former Oculus DK2 owner, all I can see is , this is the best yet! I'm completely blown away. If you're a Note 4 owner, you're in for one heck of a ride.

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes, and it rocks.

What gamepad are people using with the note 4?

It is awesome. Way better experience than Cardboard.

Also I was also curious what controller people are using. I thought I'd be able to use my MOGA (the very first model) but it doesn't seem to work so I gotta order something.

Joke Adema

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I had it orderd un Sunday 12-18-2014
and had it Monday already and i was affraid it would be much to big
i am a woman and i though that it won,t fit me but luckely it fit
i even don,t feel that i have wear the wach
and he can a lot of things
i am happy that i had orderd it

Joke Adema

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Why is that if you are aNote 4 owner and thenyour in for one heck of a ride
why not with per example the samsung galalxy s5?

i am only curieus

i have the samsung note edge and the samsung gear s
i love them both

Evilgrinz

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
It is awesome. Way better experience than Cardboard.

Also I was also curious what controller people are using. I thought I'd be able to use my MOGA (the very first model) but it doesn't seem to work so I gotta order something.

So I did alot of reading on the Oculus forums, the only 2 controller choices are the current Moga Pro or Samsung Gamepad.

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
thanks for your answer
i wil look on YouTube i don,t understand it
if i look on YouTube then i wil know what it is

Sorry JA, until you look into one you will not know what it is like. The gear VR and the Google cardboard are like nothing else. It is like being in a dream. When you take the thing off it takes a minute to get your bearings much like waking up or stepping off a roller coaster or something.

Joke Adema

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Sorry JA, until you look into one you will not know what it is like. The gear VR and the Google cardboard are like nothing else. It is like being in a dream. When you take the thing off it takes a minute to get your bearings much like waking up or stepping off a roller coaster or something.

oke thanks for your answer
i had seen it on YouTube but it wasn,t very clear to see
i don,t think i would buy one
i haven,t got the note 4 but the note edge so it wil not fit also

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Use all the Cardboard apps, I started with Google Cardboard because I could not get the Gear VR. Now that I have the Gear VR I use the cardboard apps and don't plug in the USB, for me works fine.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...details?id=com.b2cloud.nye2012&token=VGGBBr5C

Try the 2014 Sidney New Years app. Run the app and pull the menu down, select 360° and start a video, tap the little cardboard icon when the video starts, slip the Note 4 in the Gear VR but put the USB away from the plug. I use a BT mouse to control things.

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Is the Google Cardboard any good? I was thinking about getting one just to test it out before I decide to buy the Gear VR.

harryhoudini66

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it is very good. I got it before I purchased the Gear VR. It is not on the same level as the Gear VR but for sure well worth the $20 for the kit.