T-Mobile Note 4 bands - spec sheet is up - no 12

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
There have been at least a handful of threads asking about T-mobile Note 4 bands, instead of trying to find them all and updating them separately, here is what is listed by TMO.

Quad Band GSM; UMTS: Band I (2100), Band II (1900), Band IV (1700/2100), Band V (850); LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 17

No band 12 listed.

The pre-order page went live earlier (wasn't supposed to be until at 9am PST).
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Phablet Superphone | Galaxy Note 4 | T-Mobile

LegendOfAFall

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the update... but what terrible news! Didn't the FCC filing show that Band 12 was officially tested for the T-Mobile variant? I wonder what happened here..

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the update... but what terrible news! Didn't the FCC filing show that Band 12 was officially tested for the T-Mobile variant? I wonder what happened here..

No, it showed it was tested for ATT and ATT's specs do say they support it. So it was assumed it would be supported by TMO's version and people also jumped to the conclusion that the two phones would be the same hardware since it is a TMO band. Don't know why ATT has it and TMO doesn't have it. I wasn't aware ATT even used that band.

LegendOfAFall

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Ah, thank you. I guess the FCC filing confused me too! What's weird is that if you go to:

h ttps://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=942994&fcc_id=A3LSMN910T

The website shows:
13 Matches found for FCC ID A3LSMN910T

But then all of the documents, such as this one:

h ttps://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=942994&fcc_id=A3LSMN910T

Show SMN910A as the listed device, which led me to believe that the two models would include the same physical hardware but AT&T would probably just disable the Band 4 LTE... Either way, what a bummer but thank you again!!!

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
There have been at least a handful of threads asking about T-mobile Note 4 bands, instead of trying to find them all and updating them separately, here is what is listed by TMO.

Quad Band GSM; UMTS: Band I (2100), Band II (1900), Band IV (1700/2100), Band V (850); LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 17

No band 12 listed.

The pre-order page went live earlier (wasn't supposed to be until at 9am PST).
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Phablet Superphone | Galaxy Note 4 | T-Mobile

I'm guessing that means I can't use it with AT&T?

Posted via Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Hardware wise, the 910t(should be the tmobile Note 4)supports b12. It might not be enabled yet, and might be enabled via update, similar to how xlte was enabled on the note 3 after an OTA.

Fcc screen shot:

ary9y3yt.jpg

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
No, it showed it was tested for ATT and ATT's specs do say they support it. So it was assumed it would be supported by TMO's version and people also jumped to the conclusion that the two phones would be the same hardware since it is a TMO band. Don't know why ATT has it and TMO doesn't have it. I wasn't aware ATT even used that band.

Att can use b12.as you probably already know, b12 consists of lower 700MHz blocks a, b, and c. B17 consists of lower 700MHz blocks b and c. Att has committed to MFBI for simultaneous use b12 and b17 on its network.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing that means I can't use it with AT&T?

Yes you can. Att doesn't need b12,it uses b17 primarily and b2,4,and 5 in limited areas. It might not support all features like carrier aggregation though. And the tmobile variant would be sim locked, so you would have to unlock it for use on att.

xxx420

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes you can. Att doesn't need b12,it uses b17 primarily and b2,4,and 5 in limited areas. It might not support all features like carrier aggregation though. And the tmobile variant would be sim locked, so you would have to unlock it for use on att.

This is my understanding as well, exactly right.

Sentrix

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile is just bad at communicating little things like these (although they're super-important to folks like us).
The Galaxy Avant has LTE Band 12 enabled but it's not listed on their site either.

ArtVandelay

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm an ATT user and am considering using the TMo version if the bootloader is unlocked.

Has anyone seen any confirmation about this? I couldn't find anything.

Posted via the Android Central App

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm an ATT user and am considering using the TMo version if the bootloader is unlocked.

Has anyone seen any confirmation about this? I couldn't find anything.

Posted via the Android Central App

That can't be confirmation until someone has the phone and it is still weeks away from release.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez