Photo Note feature is awesome!

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
The Photo Note feature is awesome!

They have a demo setup where it mimics a college math class whiteboard with math formulas on it. You can take a photo note of it (at extreme, distorted angles) and it perfectly transforms the formula & text into editable text.

It also rotates/transforms the picture from a trapezoid to a perfect rectangular image as if you were standing directly in front of it when you snapped the picture.

Cool! Well done Samsung.

Last edited:

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
As a current student that could be really useful for ppt lectures without notes.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 3

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I specifically tried this out as well and I was very impressed. I was also very impressed on the improved spen sensitivity.

Posted via Android Central App

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to find a video online that talks about/demos this feature but can't find one. Has anyone seen a video about this?

Makes me wonder if this is not a new Note 4 feature but something that's been around for a while (thus not worthy of hyping up with videos from Samsung about this great feature - for students or work professionals).

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to find a video online that talks about/demos this feature but can't find one. Has anyone seen a video about this?

Makes me wonder if this is not a new Note 4 feature but something that's been around for a while (thus not worthy of hyping up with videos from Samsung about this great feature - for students or work professionals).

Yes there are apps available that use this functionality such as for example CAMSCAN. But what Samsung has done is take this desirable feature users have asked for and made it al part of the operating system to use for any application and without having to download, install, and run 3rd party apps to get the feature.

Willn

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Yes there are apps available that use this functionality such as for example CAMSCAN. But what Samsung has done is take this desirable feature users have asked for and made it al part of the operating system to use for any application and without having to download, install, and run 3rd party apps to get the feature.

Haha, I've been using camscan for years now and people are always amazed how I can snap a photo to make a document look like it was scanned at a copier. Its been a little secret for years that helped me be more productive on the move.

Posted via the Android Central App

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I also played with this feature at the local best buy. It's awesome. The demo has about a 5"x5" picture of a white board with math problems on it. You take a picture of it, regardless of distance or angle, and it perfectly blows it up to fit your entire screen, and automatically enables edit mode with the S pen.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk