Watch "Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Video Sample 4K ULTRA HD OI…" on YouTube

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Looks great when its still but the panning is pretty choppy. No different than any of my other Sammy's, but its still there.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 3

Yk Chin

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I'll take 1080p anytime of the day. I don't see the real benefits of 4k video. Most of us don't have 4k TV display at home. There's hardly any 4k video source out there except this phone videocam. The 5.7" won't cut in. Also, 4k consumes too much space! Hence, I view this 4k as gimmick.

Posted via the Android Central App

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Looks great when its still but the panning is pretty choppy. No different than any of my other Sammy's, but its still there.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 3

I agree. I was wondering if it was just my eyes or the screen I was watching it on. It was jerky when panning left or right.

steelrain82

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I just watched it on 720p note 2. And it looked great. I chalked the choppiness up to the filmer. I wonder if the g3 has the same choppy feel as well

Posted via Android Central App

Willn

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Probably because the 4K video is capped at 30fps. The 1080p vesion at 60fps should look smoother when panning.
^^^ agreed

The video in 4k on any screen will look better because of the ois and the higher resolution of the camera combined. If the 4k had 60fps it wouldn't be choppy but the file sizes would be ridiculous. Its common practice to shoot video in 4k resolution and convert it to 2k resolution for 2k screens. It provides a better picture than shooting a video in 2k resolution for 2k screens.

Posted via the Android Central App