Note 4 17 more days :(

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: 17 more days :(

Just played with the note 4 at best buy and pre-ordered a black note 4. . Oct 17 can't come fast enough!

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

I'm on Edge and I cant upgrade because they screwed my account up and think I'm on a contract. Also, when I try to upgrade by selecting the phone first, then add it to the line...it tells me my MDN doesn't match the one on my Edge agreement. I have been trying for two weeks now to get this corrected.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

Pre ordered the White as it looks fresh and just a little rub it's released here in the UK on Friday so hopefully I should have mine by Tuesday next week :)

Posted via the Android Central App

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Pre ordered the White as it looks fresh and just a little rub it's released here in the UK on Friday so hopefully I should have mine by Tuesday next week :)

Why Tuesday? You don't get it on release day in the UK?

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Why Tuesday? You don't get it on release day in the UK?

Have to get it shipped not buying from a store, its down as released on the 10th and presuming buymobiles.net have sufficient stock then hopefully Tuesday.

I dislike waiting though as no doubt you all do to. A previous point that Samsung should have quicker launches, like announce and then 1wk tops before available to purchase. Especially now when Chinese manufacturers are producing great smartphones & of course apple with their quick release.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

I see. Why I rather go into the store and pick it up. I can go anytime on the 17 and get the phone. Not dependent on the mailman, who is very late usually

And I agree. They announced the note 4 way before apple did for the iPhone 6, and Apple got the jump with the early sales. Samsung dropped the ball there...

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

I see. Why I rather go into the store and pick it up. I can go anytime on the 17 and get the phone. Not dependent on the mailman, who is very late usually

And I agree. They announced the note 4 way before apple did for the iPhone 6, and Apple got the jump with the early sales. Samsung dropped the ball there...

Yeh I would much rather go into a store but nearest one is 120miles away, not a big issue but its having the time to escape from the clutches of work lol

I did not get Samsung's Logic here, they knew that apple were announcing and would have their product on shelves quickly (which they did, and people now like to have that quick availability) it will be a month after announcing that Samsung begin to release. That is crazy logic, but many will wait but a lot may have jumped to Apple and iOS lol

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Yeh I would much rather go into a store but nearest one is 120miles away, not a big issue but its having the time to escape from the clutches of work lol

I did not get Samsung's Logic here, they knew that apple were announcing and would have their product on shelves quickly (which they did, and people now like to have that quick availability) it will be a month after announcing that Samsung begin to release. That is crazy logic, but many will wait but a lot may have jumped to Apple and iOS lol

I agree. I was tempted for a bit to jump ship to the iPhone 6 plus, but after seeing and playing with it in the AT&T store I was so underwhelmed. I think it's sad alot of the Apple fan boys buy the iPhone 6 blindly and think it's the best smartphone out there. And I'm not an Apple hater. We have 5 iPads, 3 iPhone 5's, and 3 macs at home :)

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

I agree. I was tempted for a bit to jump ship to the iPhone 6 plus, but after seeing and playing with it in the AT&T store I was so underwhelmed. I think it's sad alot of the Apple fan boys buy the iPhone 6 blindly and think it's the best smartphone out there. And I'm not an Apple hater. We have 5 iPads, 3 iPhone 5's, and 3 macs at home :)

Yeh I think with the upped screen size many may have, but anyone with smartphone knowledge knows that Samsung have the better implementation of larger screen size and making it very functional. Lg with the G3 have it in form and they nailed it, large screen but slim bezels and relatively small frame.

But apple fanboys like what they like, won't even look at other possibilities lol that could be symbol minded eh lol

I have never owned an iPhone not because I have any grudge, but its just never appealed to me. This may change, but highly doubt it as I don't like to be locked in, bit claustrophobic, like open source lol

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Well, for a long time one of the biggest criticisms of the iPhone was the diminutive screen size. Apple has corrected that and even provided some choice so we're not in a one-size-fits-all scenario. However, it's still an iPhone with what we know as iOS in an evolutionary step. TBH, as a smartphone enthusiast, I like the 6/6+. It's not a Note 4 but it's obviously not designed to be. I'll take one of each, thanks very much. An S5, a Note 4, and an iPhone 6+ would be my preferred arsenal. You could even throw in a Lumia 1520.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Well, for a long time one of the biggest criticisms of the iPhone was the diminutive screen size. Apple has corrected that and even provided some choice so we're not in a one-size-fits-all scenario. However, it's still an iPhone with what we know as iOS in an evolutionary step. TBH, as a smartphone enthusiast, I like the 6/6+. It's not a Note 4 but it's obviously not designed to be. I'll take one of each, thanks very much. An S5, a Note 4, and an iPhone 6+ would be my preferred arsenal. You could even throw in a Lumia 1520.
Question though, why would you need to carry around so many phones? I don't get it.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Question though, why would you need to carry around so many phones? I don't get it.

I wouldn't carry them simultaneously, just switch when I desired something different. Like changing songs.

GrassyKnoll312

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site

I wouldn't carry them simultaneously, just switch when I desired something different. Like changing songs.

See this has always confused me since I've been reading this site. How does this work with owning multiple phones? Do you have one account and just call the carrier and do a phone swap/activation each time your whim changes? Do you have to pay an activation fee each time? Or do you just swap out the sim cards from phone to phone? Confused. Sorry for the simpleton questions.

Posted via Android Central App

anon6002755

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

See this has always confused me since I've been reading this site. How does this work with owning multiple phones? Do you have one account and just call the carrier and do a phone swap/activation each time your whim changes? Do you have to pay an activation fee each time? Or do you just swap out the sim cards from phone to phone? Confused. Sorry for the simpleton questions.

Tmobile Verizon and at&t all use sim cards so ita just a quick card swap.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Well, there are multiple paths to liberation. The one I choose is to just have 3 lines with 3 different phones on each line.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Maybe stupid to ask, but this works even though At&t and T-mobile are gsm and Verizon and Sprint are cdma?

Note 2 via Android Central App

It's far simpler with GSM phones because you can just swap SIMs into the phone you want to make active without asking/involving the carrier.

AZwldcats

May 20, 2010
Visit site

Maybe stupid to ask, but this works even though At&t and T-mobile are gsm and Verizon and Sprint are cdma?

Note 2 via Android Central App

LTE is GSM based and is why the phones need SIM's no matter the voice technology.

Sprint and Verizon use CDMA only for the voice and texts and 3g/1x data.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87