Note 4 drop test

rcobourn

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
If people wouldn't watch that stuff, there wouldn't be an incentive to do it. So I suggest... skip it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I mean in theory I guess it's plausible but I'd rather just stick it in my pocket or take awesome wide selfies :)

Posted via Android Central App

guitarskoota

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I love Samsung as much as the next guy but damn that thing warbles when it bounces. Better than bending I guess. And it seemed like it cracked pretty easy from a pretty minor fall. Guess the metal doesn't add to the durability at all. Case it is for me.

Willn

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Not much to take from that video besides aluminum scratches and glass breaks.

Posted via the Android Central App

honey_bee_33

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This video just made me so mad! Here I'm trying to get a note 4 in my hands and he letting one go out his hands. The lesson in this for me is...don't drop your phone ever.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
This is a perfect example of why phones are better as plastic. Ppl are all like metal, metal, metal!! It's heavier than plastic so it's gonna fall harder and faster and more than likely sustain damage. I didn't mind plastic AT ALL! It's in a case anyway doesn't feel cheap at all.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I know plastic doesn't 'feel premium', but I too have always actually been a fan of plastic. It can be very durable.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I know plastic doesn't 'feel premium', but I too have always actually been a fan of plastic. It can be very durable.

My point exactly!! SEVERAL ppl I know with iPhones have sustained heavy damage while most plastic (usually Samsung) had very little. I don't think ppl realize that's why it has been plastic until now. It takes a lot to tear it up.

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
People will never be happy,

Samsung creates a metal phone and everyone begins to complain about the durability aspect. Samsung utilizes plastic on their phones and people go crazy over how cheap it feels compared to all the other premium devices. You just can't win in today's society.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

jrvtecaccord

May 12, 2012
Visit site
This is a perfect example of why phones are better as plastic. Ppl are all like metal, metal, metal!! It's heavier than plastic so it's gonna fall harder and faster and more than likely sustain damage. I didn't mind plastic AT ALL! It's in a case anyway doesn't feel cheap at all.

Metal or plastic, a drop on a hard surface like concrete will create some type of nick on the body. I didn't see any difference in durability from the drop test.

If you want the peace of mind, use a quality case/purchase insurance.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
That guy posted another video about the iPhone 6 Plus Bend Test. But, it's really more of a torture test.

Hint - it involves a vise and hammer - it's painful. You can see the fear on the iPhone screen as the vise is tightened. The screen shutters. OH THE HORROR!

iPhone 6 Extreme Bend Test:
http://youtu.be/NyEgmParTUs

Patrick Hadinata

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Guys. I dropped my note 4 few days ago and after that if i shake my phone, i heard some weird sound. Looks like there is some sparepart broken after the drop incident. And after that my note became slower in 2d hardware rendering. I have tried to reset it and it still sluggish. #sorry for my bad english.