Note 4 Samsung Protection Plus Mobile Elite

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung Protection Plus Mobile Elite

Still depends... I mean, you're paying almost 230 bucks for your first incident... and that might be enough to cover a repair...

AlusionL

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

Not bad.

I mean, this will make using Note 4 without a case truly a peaceful experience.

I use my Note 2 without a case and am good, but have to be careful. But with a warranty like this, we can be careful and even still if the phone cracks it's covered.

Can we purchase the plan anytime after the phone's purchase?

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

Your homeowners policy is by far the cheapest way to insure any smartphone.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

So no need for carrier (Sprint) insurance at $11/mo Plus deductible for each incident? I only had 1 but it cost me $200 for a new phone 3 weeks after i got it.

Posted via Galaxy Note 3

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site

Your deductible should not be that low on your homeowners. Homeowners policy should be for high dollar claims. Otherwise, it will increase your payments

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

Your deductible should not be that low on your homeowners. Homeowners policy should be for high dollar claims. Otherwise, it will increase your payments

I called our homeowners insurance company before I canceled the insurance AT&T offers. Smartphone loss is zero deductible (damage or actual loss/theft).

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site

I called our homeowners insurance company before I canceled the insurance AT&T offers. Smartphone loss is zero deductible (damage or actual loss/theft).
Whoa! I need to call my homeowners and see if mine is the same. Thank you!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Your homeowners policy is by far the cheapest way to insure any smartphone.

Does it count as a claim against your policy? As in could it affect your premium?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

Does it count as a claim against your policy? As in could it affect your premium?

In some sense it probably does however we had a claim due to water damage 3 years ago that was around $3,000 and that did not cause the premiums to increase so a phone claim (which I've never done) probably wouldn't have much if any effect on the premiums.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

In some sense it probably does however we had a claim due to water damage 3 years ago that was around $3,000 and that did not cause the premiums to increase so a phone claim (which I've never done) probably wouldn't have much if any effect on the premiums.

Interesting. Guess it depends on the plan or something. My parents had water damage claim, a few thousand too. The premium went up quite a bit for a couple of years

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site

I wonder if this would work with a renter's insurance policy? Mine covers up to $15K of contents.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

I wonder if this would work with a renter's insurance policy? Mine covers up to $15K of contents.

Call your insurance company or agent. The insurance offered by smartphone insurers is way too expensive and has too high a deductible. If your phone isn't covered on a homeowners/renters policy you can probably add a rider to cover it and the cost will still be significantly less than smartphone insurance.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

This is good info, just called my insurance company to see if I have any smartphone clauses in my homeowner's insurance policy. Also, about 5 months ago, I has a van stolen, the van wasn't worth $1000, but I had a lot of my roadrace gear in the van. Total came out to about $11,000. I almost cried because I only had liability on the van. I was told I might be covered under my homeowner's insurance. Wow, they came through like a shining angel. They replaced $7000, because my deductible was $4000. Also, my premium didn't go up !!

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

This is good info, just called my insurance company to see if I have any smartphone clauses in my homeowner's insurance policy. Also, about 5 months ago, I has a van stolen, the van wasn't worth $1000, but I had a lot of my roadrace gear in the van. Total came out to about $11,000. I almost cried because I only had liability on the van. I was told I might be covered under my homeowner's insurance. Wow, they came through like a shining angel. They replaced $7000, because my deductible was $4000. Also, my premium didn't go up !!

What did your insurance company tell you about smartphone coverage through your homeowners policy?

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

What did your insurance company tell you about smartphone coverage through your homeowners policy?

I called them right after I made that post, my agent is supposed to call me back tomorrow with the answer on the smartphone policy, if there is one!!
BTW, I am with StateFarm..

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site

My Verizon insurance is $5/mo full coverage ... $100 deductible asurion.. who's paying $11/mo and deductibles?!

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

I called them right after I made that post, my agent is supposed to call me back tomorrow with the answer on the smartphone policy, if there is one!!
BTW, I am with StateFarm..

Tell Jake I said hi :)

Posted via Android Central App

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

My Verizon insurance is $5/mo full coverage ... $100 deductible asurion.. who's paying $11/mo and deductibles?!

Note 3 on Sprint. Oddly enough, I went to check my last bill to make sure I was giving truthful info. Seems as though i dont have insurance. I most certainly had it last Thanksgiving cuz my new N3 got smashed to bits and I paid Assurion $200 for a brand new one. Hmmmm....Wonder if they dropped me without my knowledge. I never look at my bill cuz its the same every month.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo