Note 4 Where is the Menu and what's up with long press Home

Yellow-06-GT

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Where is the Menu and what's up with long press Home

Yeah, I kinda miss that menu button also.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Anthony B Storm FH

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site

I was wondering the same. No one have posted this as of yet. How can I get the long press on the home screen back with extra options. I've used this in Photo editing all the time to make outstanding pictures with the lasso tool. Can anyone help with this. It's not a big deal but to me I might take back the note 4 to t mobile and get the Note 3 back just for the feature. I've uploaded an example. thanks for all your help guys and gals

Attachments

• apple.jpg
    apple.jpg
    562.3 KB · Views: 392

GoProDavidLe

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site

That is something I also noticed myself. How do I close out applications now?!

beavo451

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

Long press home used to pull up the multitasking with the options at the bottom with a button for Google Now. The recent apps button now does the exact same thing. Long press recent apps for menu. Long press home button for Google Now.

stanleybb50

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

Press on the left side of the button

Posted via the Galaxy Note 4
And the right side of the button turns on hyper mode for 2 minutes - right? That new feature that boosts clock speed to 3.1 ghz

**I wanted to leave my response just as stated above - but too worried the could someone might actually be looking for the feature wondering why they don't have it..

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
If you're rooted. You can change this through xposed modules and xbutton actions app.

I currently am and I have changed it back to having long press on the home button to bring up the recent apps. And long press on my back button kills the app.

The only thing is... For some reason when I changed the recent app button, the change did not take place. So I'm currently reaching out to the Dev. But 2 out of 3 buttons ain't bad.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I was frustrated, but now I see the apps have Menu Settings elsewhere...swipe or pull down menu with those little dots in the app. Works like my tablet. Used to it now.

Posted via the Android Central App

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I haven't rooted but I use an app called "Screen off and Lock" and I set long pressing the home button to turn off the screen and lock it.

iGalione

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The left button or "Recent Apps" buttons now takes the place of long pressing the home button, and you can clear your apps that way, it is a reproduction of what was done with the S5... and now if you long press the home button it brings you to google now... which is good, just weird at first. It takes some getting used to.

jerseygirl

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Some of my apps have not updated to accommodate the lack of menu button so I can't go into'options'...my Tip Calculator and Check It Off (task manager).

androidguy360

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
guys, if you long press the left "recent apps" button anywhere, it will act as the "menu key".

So instead of just pressing it, press and hold it, and it does the same thing.

You're welcome.

androidguy360

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
If you long press the left "recent apps" button anywhere, it will act as the "menu key".

So instead of just pressing it, press and hold it, and it does the same thing.

You're welcome.

1LoudLS

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I haven't rooted but I use an app called "Screen off and Lock" and I set long pressing the home button to turn off the screen and lock it.

so now you have two buttons that do the exact same thing?