Note 4 Scroll Lag & what messenger app do you use?

sotorious

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Is there anyway to get rid of the scroll lag, i have done some tweaks like turn off some of the applications and uninstalled some of the bloatware apps, but i get serious scroll lag in the samsung text messaging app, which will lead to my next question. What text messaging app are most of you using? The stock one or hangouts?

Changing the runtime to ART has also helped greatly but there is still some scroll lag / stutter.

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Scroll Lag & what messenger app do you use?

Is there anyway to get rid of the scroll lag, i have done some tweaks like turn off some of the applications and uninstalled some of the bloatware apps, but i get serious scroll lag in the samsung text messaging app, which will lead to my next question. What text messaging app are most of you using? The stock one or hangouts?

Changing the runtime to ART has also helped greatly but there is still some scroll lag / stutter.

Use Hangouts instead, it's much better.

One of my cousin's has a Note 3 and he showed me the scrolling lag in the messaging app, quite unbearable. Hopefully it'll be fixed in Android L.

May 25, 2012
Visit site

+1 on Textra. I had the exact same issue after I uploaded my old phone's backed up texts. Stock messaging became super slow and I had to force quit half the time I opened it. I tried Textra and couldn't be happier, perfectly smooth.

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site

Woah, I just tried Textra.

I can sometimes experience minor stutters with Hangouts when scrolling, but I beared this because Hangouts was beautiful.

But I tried Textra, it's much more polished, smoother and optimised for Material Design.

I'm going to use it for a few more days, and may switch to Textra as default.

Thanks guys.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I use ChompSMS. It was the first messenger (still supported) by the textra crew. I love it.. It's fast.. I've had thousands of text messages in the past which it handled beautifully... And it has quick reply.

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

I always used to use the GoSMS app and a bunch of other GO apps, specifically loved them because they had theming. But then they started spamming me with messages and ads for their other software(even though I was Pro, having purchased their stuff) This quickly led to me dropping them.

Punker1234

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site

I use Textra and enjoy it for it's clean appearance and great options. A lot of these are very similar, just boils down to preference on some of them.

Stephen Martino

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a note 3, but I tried to use textra but it wouldn't let me send text messages to a person with a iphone. I had disabled the stock messaging app.
Did you have Mobile Contacts Only checked in settings? If so then those phone numbers with iPhone as the type instead of Mobile won't appear. Just uncheck that setting and all o hone numbers will appear.

tallguy5

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Been using Textra for the better part of a year after getting tired of the spam and gradually increasing lag from Go SMS. By far the best I've used. Can't recommend it enough.