Note 4: Do you keep fast charging on?

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I've heard some have concerns due to it being on all the time and affecting the battery.

Do you keep it on all the time?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Do you keep fast charging on?

Yep -- No worries about the battery. It is replaceable if anything did happen but honestly .. by the time that happens you will likely be looking for a new phone. I am going to enjoy the quick charging feature so I can always be mobile.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

I am sure Samsung put this feature through testing before mass producing it. These batteries are only good for a couple years at most anyway and by that time you will be typing on your new note 6.

xX_Rasher_Xx

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I've seen this question asked several times now.

My understanding is that fast charging only happens when using the charging brick that came with it. Based on that, I would imagine that having it on or off wouldn't matter if you're not using the fast charging brick.

piinkRainbowz

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

No, I don't keep it on because I don't want to put stress on the battery. I'm only using it when I know I forgot to charge my phone and I need a quick boost before I leave the house.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

There's nothing that says battery.

If you go under settings and scroll down near the bottom you should be able to find it.

Attachments

• 1414084283051.jpg
    1414084283051.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 301
  • 1414084290163.jpg
    1414084290163.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 300

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I actually don't even charge my phone. I just swap out the battery. However this morning I was at 20% and wanted to save my full battery since I was going to work, so I tried fast charging. Went from 20% to 68% in a little less than 30 minutes. Awesome.

From my smokin' hot Note 4

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I actually don't even charge my phone. I just swap out the battery. However this morning I was at 20% and wanted to save my full battery since I was going to work, so I tried fast charging. Went from 20% to 68% in a little less than 30 minutes. Awesome.

From my smokin' hot Note 4

Yep it is awesome when needed! :). I did the same .. charged spare last night and when I woke up phone wasn't low but it was at 78% so I plugged it in.. showered... then went to leave for work and it was at 98% .. So two batteries at 100% (pretty much) with me at work. No worries on battery for me :D.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Lol. OK so yours says battery.

Whereas mines only says powersaving.

I'm not understanding what the issue was

Most should be the same -- So not sure why you can't find the battery stats within your settings. It is a standard area for all Android phones.

piinkRainbowz

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Most should be the same -- So not sure why you can't find the battery stats within your settings. It is a standard area for all Android phones.
I can find the battery stats. It's under powersaving.

And from the sound of it not all are the same. If I could post a picture I would. But I'm one away from being able to post em

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I can find the battery stats. It's under powersaving.

And from the sound of it not all are the same. If I could post a picture I would. But I'm one away from being able to post em

Just curious -- Which carrier do you have?