YAY!! I finally got it!

GalaxyOnyxWitch

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
As the post said it's finally here in Canada! I went into Futureshop/BB yesterday but they wouldn't (aren't permitted to) sell phones outright. So the big decision.... black or white...... So I had to go to my carrier store.

Every time I saw the samsung wallpaper with the white one I thought it looked nicer. When I was in BB I got a chance to handle the black one and although the plastic did feel softer, the white just looks icy/shiny/pearlescent. Which as a female I have to admit appeals to me immensely.

The screen is great (of course) but I was a bit spoiled by my tab S screen to start with. Form factor doesn't feel that big coming from a S4 and despite what they say about the speakers in the reviews, they were more than plenty loud enough, with OK quality of sound. It's not like I use it in place of a stereo. I used Samsungs transfer bump app but the one thing I need to set up again are the ring tones and notification sounds, my Zedge ones got lost. I wish you could log into Zedge to keep the favorite downloads saved.

Even my fiancee who is not really into mobile tech says its a really nice phone. I think this is the first Samsung phone that I REALLY like the look of (S3 and S4 previously) I really liked the smooth pebbly feel of my S3.

I even experimented a bit with the S Pen but need to learn how to use it better. Did a scrap book experiment with it. Its amazing how soon you get used to a larger screen.

Now I get to go shopping today for a screen protector and a light weight case (prefer it naked but... )

Love this phone!

alex346

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Congrats! Just picked mine up yesterday as well and had the same issue you did... best buy wasn't willing to sell me the phone outright so had to head on over to Bell to pick it up, managed to get the last one they had available!