only complaint about the note 4 is the headphone jack placement, anyone agree?

yo0123yoyo

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Sure. For people who do not use headphones much. Going with a $20 pair of dispensable headsets is an option.

But for those who use headphones in the $200-$400 range, we're talking different ballparks.

I use headphones a lot. For those who use it occasionally at home and what not, would not see the benefits of the jack placements in contrast to someone who uses it everywhere.

I'm not saying the jack placement is a HUGE deal. Again it's just a convenience feature.

Yes someone who agrees with me. Like he said the jack placement is not a deal breaker just a convenience thing and I'm not comparing to iPhone, everytime I use my Note 4, I always have wired headphones plugged in and it does get kind of annoying having a cord dangling from the top of your phone. Other than that, best phone I've ever owned! Might look into a Bluetooth headset I guess

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I had no issues with the headphone jack being on the top... I use bluetooth now but the top never bothered me.

SJAprilMay

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
It really amazes me how people will always find ONE thing, at least, to gripe about no matter which phone they choose. I hated the phone jack on the bottom of the iPhone. If the wire gets in the way, move it...a simple gesture that takes less effort than a text. When I was growing up I had the "inconvenience" of being attached to a landline...GOD FORBID a cable. Gasp! Get bluetooth and get over it.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
It really amazes me how people will always find ONE thing, at least, to gripe about no matter which phone they choose. I hated the phone jack on the bottom of the iPhone. If the wire gets in the way, move it...a simple gesture that takes less effort than a text. When I was growing up I had the "inconvenience" of being attached to a landline...GOD FORBID a cable. Gasp! Get bluetooth and get over it.

I honestly believe that some people just want to feel as though they have extra-sensory abilities that require them to have some sort of superior tools at their disposal. Kind of like that one cat owner that insists their cat only eat Fancy Feast because of their great bloodlines or the car nut that believes only a certain gasoline with some marketing gimmick of a fuel additive is what their performance car needs. It's like that movie Idiocracy, "It's got electrolytes!! It's what plants crave!"

Like I said before, if you're in the music industry and it's your business to have such tools, that's fine, but for everyday listening, you're not going to miss some secret hidden life altering message if you listen to your music with some $5.00 headphones.

bapte

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site

It truly is amazing that everyone has something to gripe about isn't it? GOD FORBID people discussing something they do not like about a product. Gasp!

I honestly believe that some people just want to feel as though they have extra-sensory abilities that require them to have some sort of superior tools at their disposal. Kind of like that one cat owner that insists their cat only eat Fancy Feast because of their great bloodlines or the car nut that believes only a certain gasoline with some marketing gimmick of a fuel additive is what their performance car needs. It's like that movie Idiocracy, "It's got electrolytes!! It's what plants crave!"

Like I said before, if you're in the music industry and it's your business to have such tools, that's fine, but for everyday listening, you're not going to miss some secret hidden life altering message if you listen to your music with some $5.00 headphones.

So why did you buy $200 headphones if you are satisfied with $5 ones?

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
It truly is amazing that everyone has something to gripe about isn't it? GOD FORBID people discussing something they do not like about a product. Gasp!

So why did you buy $200 headphones if you are satisfied with $5 ones?

Because I wanted some that wouldn't tie me down during my workouts, that were sweat proof, that were comfortable. The fact that they sound as good as some wired headphones was just a plus. I don't consider myself an audio-snob and if I could buy the same quality with the above mentioned features for $5.00 then I would.

bapte

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Because I wanted some that wouldn't tie me down during my workouts, that were sweat proof, that were comfortable. The fact that they sound as good as some wired headphones was just a plus. I don't consider myself an audio-snob and if I could buy the same quality with the above mentioned features for $5.00 then I would.

......... Anyone who can purchase $200+ quality headphones for $5 would. Stop being so senile. It does not take an audiophile to notice a difference between good headphones and cheapo gas station ones..

So let me get this straight, you can make excuses for purchasing $200+ headphones? But oh no its ludicrous to buy high end headphones for listening to music in other situations! Get off your high dinosaur buddy. Go to a audiophile forum and claim what your claiming here with your nonsense about headphones...

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
......... Anyone who can purchase $200+ quality headphones for $5 would. Stop being so senile. It does not take an audiophile to notice a difference between good headphones and cheapo gas station ones..

So let me get this straight, you can make excuses for purchasing $200+ headphones? But oh no its ludicrous to buy high end headphones for listening to music in other situations! Get off your high dinosaur buddy. Go to a audiophile forum and claim what your claiming here with your nonsense about headphones...

I'm not the only one here that has mentioned going to a Bluetooth device would alleviate your problem with where the headphone jack is located. You're the one that brought up sound quality. Since you aren't too keen on solutions, by all means, go right ahead and suffer with your wired set of overpriced headphones. When you accidentally drop your phone because you haven't mastered pulling it out of your pocket with the headphone jack up, just remember that more than a few of us suggested a Bluetooth headphone.

bapte

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm not the only one here that has mentioned going to a Bluetooth device would alleviate your problem with where the headphone jack is located. You're the one that brought up sound quality. Since you aren't too keen on solutions, by all means, go right ahead and suffer with your wired set of overpriced headphones. When you accidentally drop your phone because you haven't mastered pulling it out of your pocket with the headphone jack up, just remember that more than a few of us suggested a Bluetooth headphone.

Ur the one who brought up sound quality and price recommending me $20 Bluetooth headsets, when I use higher end noise canceling sets. I brought up the convenience of having the jack at the bottom.

I've had beats wireless. And they are only great for a short while. Then they become a nuisance, especially if u forget to charge them or if ur not home for the night.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Ur the one who brought up sound quality and price recommending me $20 Bluetooth headsets, when I use higher end noise canceling sets. I brought up the convenience of having the jack at the bottom.

I've had beats wireless. And they are only great for a short while. Then they become a nuisance, especially if u forget to charge them or if ur not home for the night.

No, I recommended a $20 Bluetooth device to anyone that thought Bluetooth prices were too high. As a matter of fact, even the quality of those devices has improved vastly in just the past few years.

The fact that you think "good bass" is the mark of a good pair of earphones has already let me know that you aren't really the audiophile that you think you are.

bapte

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
No, I recommended a $20 Bluetooth device to anyone that thought Bluetooth prices were too high. As a matter of fact, even the quality of those devices has improved vastly in just the past few years.

The fact that you think "good bass" is the mark of a good pair of earphones has already let me know that you aren't really the audiophile that you think you are.

The fact that you keeping stating lies about what I say, leads me to believe u have a reading comprehension of a special one, or simply ur just a narcissistic lier who googles there info to backup there lies....

I said I like bass in my headphones by the way. But good try?

So let's see I apparently have a $500 pair headphones when I stated 200-400. I brought up sound quality and price when u clearly did. And apparently me stating "I like bass in my headphones" equates to me benchmarking headphones to bass levels.

kittenphelia

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Most normal people don't care enough about audio quality to spend upwards of $1000 for a pair of headphones. I can't see how anyone can justify that, really. Unless you are fabulously wealthy (or want people to think you are), in which case, good for you. I have a pair of Razer Kraken Pro's, which I use for gaming and listening to music, I have listened to some tunes on high quality headphones, and I can't really notice a difference. This isn't the point of the thread though, I always like my headphone jack on the bottom, I feel like it gets in the way on the top, but it really all comes down to preference.

Last edited by a moderator:

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Most normal people don't care enough about audio quality to spend upwards of $1000 for a pair of headphones. I can't see how anyone can justify that, really. Unless you are fabulously wealthy (or want people to think you are), in which case, good for you. I have a pair of Razer Kraken Pro's, which I use for gaming and listening to music, I have listened to some tunes on high quality headphones, and I can't really notice a difference. This isn't the point of the thread though, I always like my headphone jack on the bottom, I feel like it gets in the way on the top, but it really all comes down to preference.

That was mostly my argument, if someone thought the wire was such a major point of contention, just go Bluetooth. If someone's wired headphones are that great (highly doubtful) then by all means stick with the wired kind. No skin off my nose.

Last edited by a moderator:

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm so used to Samsung phones having a jack on the top, it doesn't bother me at all.

People will complain no matter where the jack is located.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I feel like a fool sitting here with my $60 earbuds listening to my music. The jack on top can kinda bother me occassionally when i'm "walking through the city", but I also know there are a few alternatives like Bluetooth. No big deal to me. I enjoy music and have a pretty good CD collection. I think MP3's are the shiz.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
As cheap as bluetooth earphones/headphones are now, I rarely plug into wired headphones. Even in the rare instances where I do plug in earphones, I never thought the connection on top was that big an issue. If the wire was draped over the front of the screen, I'd just twist the connection so that the cable would drape behind the screen (and I could keep the wire behind the screen with my hand).

I personally think earphone connection placement is just a petty way for people to compare the iPhone and the Note. I'd rather compare how the Note 4 is actually packaged to be a phablet where the iPhone 6+ is just an iPhone 6 with a gland issue.

So true the note is a beast of a phone I've and two people that I know return the iphone6 for a note 4

Posted via Android Central App

Yk Chin

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
For me too, Jack at the bottom of the phone for convenience purpose but it's no big deal.

Previously, I tried two different Bluetooth headphones ranging $20 - $30 and didn't really like the audio quality. I also find it inconvenient especially when half way using & it suddenly ran out of juice. Then I needed to recharge it & there's waiting time. Hence, I was converted to using wired earphones. Maybe I should give it another chance by getting a good set in the $100 range that offers better sound quality & longer battery life (I'm very lazy to recharge).

At present, I prefer wired. At home & office, I'll use my Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBL headphone meanwhile outdoor & on the go, I'll use my small Sony earbuds.

Posted via Tab S 8.4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non