Bluetooth Music Blues.... :(

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site
OH MY GOD.

Can somebody please tell me there's a way to turn off the Music app from automatically playing music AS SOON as you connect your bluetooth device to the Note 4?

I have to go in and close the music app from the notification drawer every.single.time. and then go to whatever app I want to actually use.

This is severely annoying and I can't be the only one that hates this.

(This is especially annoying in my moving vehicle -____- )

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not the only one who hates it, but no way to turn it off... Unless you have another music app open.

This only happens with certain devices that actually try to play music as soon as you connect them (my shower speaker doesn't do that, but my car does), but if you have any other music app open, then that's the one that kicks in instead of the stock music player.

So, in my case, I just fire up Spotify before I get into my car.

beerhound

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Running Cyanogenmod on my Note 2 there was a system wide setting to turn that off. I haven't found that for my Note 4, but I use Poweramp as my music player and it has a setting that tells it to pause audio on disconnect, another to resume on reconnect for wired headset and a third one that tells it to resume on bluetooth reconnect. I unchecked those last two and don't have a problem. No idea what music player you use, but check and see if it has similar settings.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Running Cyanogenmod on my Note 2 there was a system wide setting to turn that off. I haven't found that for my Note 4, but I use Poweramp as my music player and it has a setting that tells it to pause audio on disconnect, another to resume on reconnect for wired headset and a third one that tells it to resume on bluetooth reconnect. I unchecked those last two and don't have a problem. No idea what music player you use, but check and see if it has similar settings.

Cool, I use Powweramp too, but I go to application manager to turn it off. How do you turn it off in the app? Thanks

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm on stock OS and don't really intend on rooting.

But that's a bummer that this setting can't be turned off. It's the hugest pain in the *** at the most inopportune time.

I want to be focusing on my car and driving, rather than switching out of the stock music app to listen to the app I actually want to listen to. Guess we can't win em all...

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm on stock OS and don't really intend on rooting.

But that's a bummer that this setting can't be turned off. It's the hugest pain in the *** at the most inopportune time.

I want to be focusing on my car and driving, rather than switching out of the stock music app to listen to the app I actually want to listen to. Guess we can't win em all...

Make sure you "close" out the stock music player in the notification drawer after your done using it. If you leave it in there, as soon as you fire up BT, it will connect and auto play. But if you close it out, it will only auto play when you select it.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Nope, even with the stock player all closed up, even if you restart your phone, at least in mine (T-Mobile), as soon as my car connects and starts resuming audio, the stock player comes up unless I have any other music app open.

The Note 3, however, didn't do this and, as you say, as long as the stock player was closed, it would automatically play but using the last app used (in my case, Spotify).