Saved pics not showing up on device

Blipstein

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
When I save an image from a text message it isn't showing up in my gallery. I know the file has been successfully saved because I can see it in ES File Explorer. It's still not visible after a reboot. This is definitely a new issue because I know that I have successfully saved an image and it showed up in the gallery with the "new" tag (which is awesome I might add).

Any idea what's going on here? What can I do to fix this issue? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
With my Note 2, images I saved from text messages always went into a download folder and didn't automatically show up in Gallery, so I'd have to manually move them, which was annoying. Just tried it with my Note 4 and it worked for me. Using the stock Messages app, I touched the photo that someone sent me, it appeared full screen with a couple little icons in the upper right corner (tap the screen to make them reappear), and the icon to the left that looks like a little floppy disc saved the image, and it then showed up in a newly created "download" folder in the stock Gallery app. If it worked for you initially but now doesn't, I have no idea why.

Screenshot_2014-11-04-07-37-23.jpg

Blipstein

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
With my Note 2, images I saved from text messages always went into a download folder and didn't automatically show up in Gallery, so I'd have to manually move them, which was annoying. Just tried it with my Note 4 and it worked for me. Using the stock Messages app, I touched the photo that someone sent me, it appeared full screen with a couple little icons in the upper right corner (tap the screen to make them reappear), and the icon to the left that looks like a little floppy disc saved the image, and it then showed up in a newly created "download" folder in the stock Gallery app. If it worked for you initially but now doesn't, I have no idea why.

That's exactly how it worked. Not working like that anymore

Blipstein

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Gonna try one more bump. Can't figure this one out

If I save a pic from a text for example, it won't show up in my gallery but it is in the Myfiles app under "downloaded"

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Try Quick Pic in the play store. Best gallery app ever. Many like it better than stock gallerys. It's super popular and I'm sure it will show what you want it to.

Blipstein

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok... Downloaded Quick Pic and the "downloaded" folder was still not there. I went into settings and clicked "unhide" which exposed tons of folders containing images. I was able to find "downloaded" and then go into settings for that folder and click "unhide" which worked. It's visable from the native gallery now.

Somehow the folder was hidden. Thanks for the help guys

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok... Downloaded Quick Pic and the "downloaded" folder was still not there. I went into settings and clicked "unhide" which exposed tons of folders containing images. I was able to find "downloaded" and then go into settings for that folder and click "unhide" which worked. It's visable from the native gallery now.

Somehow the folder was hidden. Thanks for the help guys
Glad you got it. No problem man.

Mahmoud Khalil

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site

View attachment 145762