Adjusting to the note 4

derekeh

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I just purchased the note 4 3 days ago and loved it at the store. Sure its a big phone but I figured I would adjust to it like I have all my past phones..(iPhone 5s, droid maxx, s4, etc..). It just doesn't seem to be the case here though. I'm always afraid of dropping it where its harder to get a grip. Maybe the right case will help with this? How long did it take others to adjust to the size of the phone? I'm really thinking of trading to an s5 or iPhone 6 (I like android and iOS both), but I'm going to give it a few more days to see how it goes.

Posted via the Android Central App

philip42

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi mate, I would give it a good chance. I came from the S4 also and I have the phone just one day and I'm already getting used to it. I only have one of those rubbery Tpu cases on it. Probably not great protection if it hits the ground but it's very grippy and I can easily text one handed using the one handed mode. I'd normally go for an otter box or the like but not with a phone this size.

philip42

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Just to add..I would say my hands are probably on the smaller side of average. Not large by any stretch.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Spigen slim armor or speck cases are very slim and offer great protection. I worked my way up to the bigger phones. From s4 to s5 to g3 then note 4.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I just purchased the note 4 3 days ago and loved it at the store. Sure its a big phone but I figured I would adjust to it like I have all my past phones..(iPhone 5s, droid maxx, s4, etc..). It just doesn't seem to be the case here though. I'm always afraid of dropping it where its harder to get a grip. Maybe the right case will help with this? How long did it take others to adjust to the size of the phone? I'm really thinking of trading to an s5 or iPhone 6 (I like android and iOS both), but I'm going to give it a few more days to see how it goes.

IMO, the Note 4 is not for EVERYBODY. Clearly, you might be better off with the iphone 6/6+ or S5. Exceptional tools are not for everybody. Like a Porche Turbo, that would not fit everybody.

The main thing is to get something that YOU feel comfortable with.

Luck to you, :cool:

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I have a iPhone 6 and if you are worried about a device slipping out of you hand then you'd be best to avoid it. I hear the 6 Plus is even worse in this regard.

I am constantly worried that I am going to drop the 6 but don't have this constant concern with the Note 4.

All my devices are always carried naked as I do not like cases.

Liquidretro

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Who has came from the Note 2 to the Note 4? Had good luck on the Note 2 and not looking for anything larger. Not a huge Spen user but it's nice. Getting ready for an upgrade in the next 60 days probably. Thoughts?

honey_bee_33

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
IMO, the Note 4 is not for EVERYBODY. Clearly, you might be better off with the iphone 6/6+ or S5. Exceptional tools are not for everybody. Like a Porche Turbo, that would not fit everybody.

The main thing is to get something that YOU feel comfortable with.

Luck to you, :cool:
You are right on this...I know a few people who just could not adjust to the note phone. And I said to myself that the note line is not for everyone.

girls love tech too

philip42

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Lol, I like that remark about a Porche not suiting everyone. Maybe a Skoda for some people? Ha ha, but there's a lot of truth to it. I think you have to think with the Note series that you're getting two devices in one. A lot of people just want a phone though.

goitsme48

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I came from iPhone 6 and recently got Note 4. If you are afraid of dropping Note 4, good luck with iPhone 6...now that's slippery slope -:).
BTW, I never put cases on my phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38