Where Do You Backup Your Photos?

Mark Lem

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Longtime iPhone user, first time with android. I've always used iTunes (iPhoto) to backup my photos. What do you all use to backup your photos? I guess as a side note what do you use to backup music? I'm really unclear as to what gets backed up where automatically was well.

Thanks in advance

srmoreno

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Just set the setting on Google plus to back up photos to the cloud. It's automatic in the background and easy. Use Google music to store all the music..

Posted via the Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Longtime iPhone user, first time with android. I've always used iTunes (iPhoto) to backup my photos. What do you all use to backup your photos? I guess as a side note what do you use to backup music? I'm really unclear as to what gets backed up where automatically was well.

Thanks in advance

Welcome to the forums. Photos can get backed up to almost any cloud service of your choosing. Google can back them up in the Photos app, or they can be sent to Box, Dropbox, etc..

Music doesn't really get backed up. You can upload all your music to Google Play Music from your desktop, and then stream or download a copy.

The other things that get backed up are your contacts if you have them saved to Google servers. I believe they can be saved on Samsung servers as well (been a while since I have had a Samsung, and I didn't user their services), while most other things, like Calendars and such depend on who you back them up to. Samsung is a possibility, along with Google.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't like the way Google backs up my photos plus it's taking up all my Google memory and I'm a heavy Google Drive user. I ran out of Dropbox storage so I took advantage of Microsofts specials.

I use one drive to back up all my photos. Free 30 GB of space was too hard to pass up. Lol.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I currently use Google+ Photos but I'm thinking about switching. Basically, Google+ Photos integrates well and makes it easy to share/manage your photos, but some of the other options are better priced. For example, with my Amazon Prime account I could get free unlimited photo storage which would be great.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I've been using dropbox for a couple of years now.

I just started using Google+ just to try it out.

As you can see from the different responses, Android provides you with a variety of choices.

raziel

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Google+ because it's free. And to get photos into my Aperture library on my Mac, I just have it sync with drop box and then drag and drop :)

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I go old school and connect the phone to my Windows PC (via USB cable and the MTP protocol). Then just copy/paste photos/data to my home network's local NAS (Network attached storage) drive. That way my data is never in the cloud and is fully within my direct control. :)

Well, you can see in my sig, I am old school too. :D

I be offing to a PC, and a 128gb flash if it is important.. Plus, any really important stuff I have to do, I am grabbing my Nikon DSLR.. Then offing them to a PC and flash too..

I am old school enough to recall when I was pushing a 8088, with 540RAM, and a 20 meg hd, and I was a considered a POWER USER too!! :D :D

PaulaO

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
So many folks are all for Android because it is so customizable and "off the grid" and not connected to iTunes umbilical cord and all that. Yet Google this and Google that. Same thing in my very biased opinion.

I go old skool. Drag and drop. Apps I want to keep the settings or data from, I do backups of then drop onto my desktop. SyncBack recently added an app option but it isn't up to par yet for me. Once it is working better, I'll use it to sync everything from the phone onto the desktop where then the software regularly backs it to an FTP site I have and my webhost's cloud service.

No way in heck will I trust Google with backups. Not after Drive mangled a manuscript so bad it was unreadable. Another kept putting in random phone numbers, all linked to spam places. I only used it for those two documents and it screwed up both. Probably just my bad luck but that was enough for me. AndFTP app allows me to access my FTP site from anywhere anyway.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I back up my photos to Flickr. I love how my pictures Automatically upload to the service just after I take the picture.

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I backup all of my photos and music to my laptop. It has 1 TB of room and I don't have to pay any monthly fees and I don't have to worry about anything happening to them or privacy. Plus, like the above poster said, why cut the cord from iTunes only to be enslaved to google? Just an opinion.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Dropbox for Photos
I believe it's the most reliable storage out there

External Hard Drive for music
I just drag and drop onto my SD Card

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
So many folks are all for Android because it is so customizable and "off the grid" and not connected to iTunes umbilical cord and all that. Yet Google this and Google that. Same thing in my very biased opinion.

The original issue with iTunes was that you literally needed it installed on a computer to activate old iPhones. And I have never heard someone refer to Android phones as "off the grid." They are definitely more customizable, though. Just because I choose to use Google's photo backup service doesn't mean it's the only option.

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I usually back all my junk up to one of about 5 hard drives on my main computer. All total about 5.5 Terabytes of storage. Multiple places if I feel they are really important. Since I keep adding drives to the system probably will not fill up for a very long time. Google and dropbox are cute and all but since I currently have close to 3.5 Terabytes of used storage, probably not to feasible to stuff it in the cloud, the cloud would explode.

Data is addictive. Don't become an addict like me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo